Thread: FLIGHTS TO JOBURG KLM 420 RESULT May 2015 from LHR

FLIGHTS TO JOBURG KLM 420 RESULT May 2015 from LHR

Just Booked 2 Flights to Joburg 21st May till 31st. Ebookers 420 BARGAIN could not believe It.
    Via Amsterdam 1.5 hr wait . Firearms YES .
    Will advise if there is a Drama .
    Just thought you all would like to Know .KLM

Might be worth a 3 day hunt on warthog for those prices

Fingers firmly crossed for Amsterdam A1. I shall think positive thoughts and await the outcome. Better get that bloody certificate of export - or do you have one?

My best advice to you is print everything firearm related off their site in relation to travel.
    Cheers
    Richard

i am looking at flights at the minute from london to or tambo. flew with SA last time and had no trouble with firearms.

what other airlines are good to look at?

I fly all over the world with my job, and now refuse to fly with KLM, ignorant staff, flight delays, lost luggage, just not a nice experience , wouldnt trust them with a water pistol never mind a firearm

Am looking at flights (Hunting so im paying ) to Jburg in June with Emirates, Glasgow - Dubai -Jburg not much dearer but FAR Superior,,,,PS I travel economy same as 99% of us

Hopefully YOU have a nice uneventfull flight

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i am looking at flights at the minute from london to or tambo. flew with SA last time and had no trouble with firearms.

what other airlines are good to look at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray7756 View Post
    I fly all over the world with my job, and now refuse to fly with KLM, ignorant staff, flight delays, lost luggage, just not a nice experience , wouldnt trust them with a water pistol never mind a firearm

Am looking at flights (Hunting so im paying ) to Jburg in June with Emirates, Glasgow - Dubai -Jburg not much dearer but FAR Superior,,,,PS I travel economy same as 99% of us

Hopefully YOU have a nice uneventfull flight
    I flew with SA and the staff at Heathrow were excellent. As I understand that is the last dealings the airline staff have with the firearm.

From therein a security company takes your rifle and ammo to the Customs office which is airside, the guy from the security company I dealt with was a pleasure, he had been handling firearms at the airport for 10+ years.

Customs then check the serial numbers etc, at this point you MUST ask for the export permit. I did have to be insistent with the officer, but they happily did it when I explained that in SA they do ask for it.

The firearm is then securely stored by the security company until you flight is ready for departure. The same guy I met earlier then drives the rifle and ammo to the plane and puts the rifle case and your suitcase on the plane. So KLM would never really get the opportunity to lose the luggage as they do not really handle it.

On arrival the same happens but in reverse, a security company collects the rifle from the plane and takes to customs.

I hope that may help anyone who like me was very concerned about losing my rifle, ammo or both!!!

I had the same experience with SAA going to SA from Heathrow. No problems at all. From arriving we were waiting to board in all of 30 mins. At arrival I mentioning that we were travelling with fire arms to a very helpful lady who worked their and was standing round the check in desks and we had our own check in desk opened up.

go with the service provider that offered you the best service...to save a bit is NOT always the best...
    Patrick Reynecke (Bushwack Safaris)
    Web: http://www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
    Mobile:+27 82 773 4099
    Mail: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    I had the same experience with SAA going to SA from Heathrow. No problems at all. From arriving we were waiting to board in all of 30 mins. At arrival I mentioning that we were travelling with fire arms to a very helpful lady who worked their and was standing round the check in desks and we had our own check in desk opened up.
    I flew continental once (if my memory is still good enough) from Gatwick to the states with a .45 cal 1911 target job (remember those days) the check in clerk was an american off the plane helping out and he insisted that I proved to him there and then as normal or was then in the USA that it was not loaded, so I had to rack it at the first class desk right next to the 400 odd grockels checking in on the same flight at the economy deck I just hoped the boys in blue did not look down from the gods balcony and shout GUN GUN & boom boom.
    But all went well ahh!!!
    Martin