Thread: North Wales Police - Big Up!

North Wales Police - Big Up!

I am currently renewing my SGC and North Wales Police have had it for about 6 weeks, I phoned them yesterday to see if they were going to issue it before it ran out (about 10 days) and they were not, I got the impression they were very busy. I told them I was asking in case I might have to put my shotguns with my RFD but the person on the end of the phone said "don't worry I'll issue you a temporary certificate" and it arrived today dated to the end of July. I really can't expect fairer than that and have to say that every time I've phoned them they've been extremely helpful, such a difference from about 10 years ago.

I could be wrong but most temporary certificates only allow you to keep your guns not use them.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

well they sat on my variation for 2 weeks without even knowing it was in the office! it was only that i had sent it signed for that they had to go looking for it. so far we're at 6 weeks to swap a .308 for a 6.5mm nothing complicated and no other changes. apparently they are processing things in date order. I'm not holding my breath!
    I understand they are busy and these things take time but again i cant see that things are being run efficiently. After all, they have no reason to revoke my .308 so therefore i dont see it as anything really except an admin, reprint type situation. never mind, it will happen when it happens i guess!

Always found them very helpful and accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I could be wrong but most temporary certificates only allow you to keep your guns not use them.
    As far as I can see the wording on a full SGC only gives the right to possess and, unlike the FAC, makes no reference to using them. The wording on my temporary certificate is much the same except that I have to retain the guns pending issue of my new full SGC.

Quote Originally Posted by paul k View Post
    As far as I can see the wording on a full SGC only gives the right to possess and, unlike the FAC, makes no reference to using them. The wording on my temporary certificate is much the same except that I have to retain the guns pending issue of my new full SGC.
    I looked and could not find any reason why you can not use your shot gun...

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    I looked and could not find any reason why you can not use your shot gun...

Tim.243
    Thanks, that's how I see it.