Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T50 vs T67 in Red for spottng/scanning ?

T50 vs T67 in Red for spottng/scanning ?

As above folks,

I am going to buy either a T50 or T67, but:

1) What are the Pro`s and Con`s of each?
    2) Is the T67 just a bigger head and a bigger beam shining further (More Output) ?
    3) Are both 3 mode (high, med, low) or dimable?

Sorry am not so clued up on these "T - Lights". I own a NM Venom Strike that I mount on my air-rifles for use to 100yards (scanning) and shooting FAC Air to 75yards.

This is to be used when on foot and in the vehicle for scanning and occasionally shooting with.
    Am now on a pheasant shoot were we do our own pest control and so I want to have something for hand held scanning for fox and rabbits.
    I have rimfire (HMR) but may look to upgrade it to 22 Hornet so what ever unit I buy it will need to cover CF ranges. Two of the other lads on the shoot also have .223 and bigger CF, so if lamping for them it would be good to be able to scan at distance.

Your advise is very much appreciated.

Regards

Matt

i have a T50
    not dimmable, get a tail switch though, save battery and is quicker
    any bigger than 50 and I think it would be clumsy

shines well out to 200+ yards
    as far as I need to and any further you need a dedicated lamp IMO

I use it on a .222 and rimfires
    Last edited by bewsher500; 21-04-2015 at 16:51.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I have one t50 in red,green white and ir, cracking lamp and just right for me ,changeable pills

The main t50 I got for just 15 and it lives with a Ir in it and works well

I also have a t67 with white and ir pills, it big and just to big for the drone as its the double battery one, ir is just another planet all together with a tight beam it's just a joke and I can see eye shine out past 600 plus with it

Drop the white pill in and that takes the biscuit, I know I can see reflections from a road sign at over 1 k but I can spot foxs out past 500. But when you have the slightest amount of dust smoke fog mist the clarity of the light is its own enemy as it bounces back and causes its own issues,

Hth

Bob.

T50 1 is single mode the other is 3 the t67 is a three mode,
    Last edited by bobjs; 21-04-2015 at 14:36.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

So is a double battery T50 more powerfull than a single battery T50 ?

You missed the T74 tho, I do have one

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by salopsniper View Post
    So is a double battery T50 more powerfull than a single battery T50 ?
    Im no speicalist but I'm sure it is and run time is also longer,

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

The glass lens on my 65 makes it too heavy for use on the rifle. The 50 would be better for keeping the rifle balanced. But for hand held work it certainly works.
    The white pill does cause flashback & the red one cuts through mist better - I would in fact prefer an amber one to be ideal.

Ian

i dont believe two batteries makes in more powerful (brighter)
    certainly runs longer

The T67 would be to heavy to gun mount, ideal for a spotter. I would opt for a T50 or a T35 gun mounted and a NM XSearcher or an ir light builds 7G torch (only white LED) very powerful

I can't comment on the T50 as I have never owned or used one. However I do have a Uniquefire XML 1200 T67 with a Red pill and I can not fault it. As Bobjs says the T67 shines out further than most people will want to shoot to (I can easily anmd positively identify a fox at 250 yards with mine but with better eyes than mine you might well get positive target identification at much greater ranges than that) Being a doubly battery (Mine is fitted with Ultrafire BRC 18650 4000mAh batteries) it lasts for ages on one charge and the beam has a very good zoom range. Mine only has the one power setting rather than variable power.
    The one thing that I would strongly suggest (whichever you opt for, either the T50 or the T67) is that you really could do with a tail switch to go on it for when scope mounted.
    Personally, given the option I would opt for the T67 myself purely for the extra power/range!
    I hope that this is of a little help to you.