Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pate of venison

pate of venison

hi all i have been reading everyones recipes and thaught i would post mine .
    1 large roe liver
    1 large onion
    1 clove of garlic
    red wine
    rosemary
    thyme
    salt /pepper
    first of all i fry off the onion till soft and drop into the blender then fry the liver in thick strips with the garlic till its just pink inside add a nice amount of red wine i then added rosemary and thyme at this point the wine has reduced enough to add everything to the blender. now add salt and pepper to taste and blend up till you have the right texture add to a nice pot and pour over melted butter and place in the fridge to set.but if its like my house you miss out the last step as it never lasts long .

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    hi all i have been reading everyones recipes and thaught i would post mine .
    1 large roe liver
    1 large onion
    1 clove of garlic
    red wine
    rosemary
    thyme
    salt /pepper
    first of all i fry off the onion till soft and drop into the blender then fry the liver in thick strips with the garlic till its just pink inside add a nice amount of red wine i then added rosemary and thyme at this point the wine has reduced enough to add everything to the blender. now add salt and pepper to taste and blend up till you have the right texture add to a nice pot and pour over melted butter and place in the fridge to set.but if its like my house you miss out the last step as it never lasts long .
    I'll have to try that one. I often keep a liver and for a couple of days afterwards have fried liver with my full English. However, the wife won't touch liver, even with somebody else's barge pole, so invariably the last portion of it goes to the dog. As after a couple of breakfasts even I've had enough of liver.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I've just had a look back at my devilled liver recipe which was bloody tasty but the thread kind of went off at a strange tangent!
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...devilled+liver

The recipie in Nichola Fletchers book for patte is fantastic and a minimum of faffing about.

Dave

I just made your Pate but I used Port instead of the red wine.

A great and easy recipe.
    10/10

Quote Originally Posted by martinl View Post
    I just made your Pate but I used Port instead of the red wine.

A great and easy recipe.
    10/10
    that port gets in everything haha

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    that port gets in everything haha
    It certainly does............hic

give that one a try as well, sounds great with some crusty fresh bread

Wayne. I`ve never made pate before but have decided to give it a go but minus the garlic. (Yuk!!)
    How much would you say is a nice amount of red wine for one liver, a tea cup? a mug? just roughly will do.
    Thanks.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

hi basil just a glug will do ,if you add it to the onion on its latter stages it will burn off some alcohol abd have a nice taste i like martinls suggestion of port it will add a rich flavour. desperately need to do this again just not having any roe play ball at the moment, atb wayne