pate of venison

mereside

hi all i have been reading everyones recipes and thaught i would post mine .
1 large roe liver
1 large onion
1 clove of garlic
red wine
rosemary
thyme
salt /pepper
first of all i fry off the onion till soft and drop into the blender then fry the liver in thick strips with the garlic till its just pink inside add a nice amount of red wine i then added rosemary and thyme at this point the wine has reduced enough to add everything to the blender. now add salt and pepper to taste and blend up till you have the right texture add to a nice pot and pour over melted butter and place in the fridge to set.but if its like my house you miss out the last step as it never lasts long .

1 large roe liver
1 large onion
1 clove of garlic
red wine
rosemary
thyme
salt /pepper
first of all i fry off the onion till soft and drop into the blender then fry the liver in thick strips with the garlic till its just pink inside add a nice amount of red wine i then added rosemary and thyme at this point the wine has reduced enough to add everything to the blender. now add salt and pepper to taste and blend up till you have the right texture add to a nice pot and pour over melted butter and place in the fridge to set.but if its like my house you miss out the last step as it never lasts long .

I'll have to try that one. I often keep a liver and for a couple of days afterwards have fried liver with my full English. However, the wife won't touch liver, even with somebody else's barge pole, so invariably the last portion of it goes to the dog. As after a couple of breakfasts even I've had enough of liver.

I just made your Pate but I used Port instead of the red wine.

A great and easy recipe.
10/10

Wayne. I`ve never made pate before but have decided to give it a go but minus the garlic. (Yuk!!)
How much would you say is a nice amount of red wine for one liver, a tea cup? a mug? just roughly will do.
Thanks.
basil.

hi basil just a glug will do ,if you add it to the onion on its latter stages it will burn off some alcohol abd have a nice taste i like martinls suggestion of port it will add a rich flavour. desperately need to do this again just not having any roe play ball at the moment, atb wayne

Well, i made mine Waynes way minus the garlic. It made enough for four ramikins so it was one for me, one for Jons dad, one for my daughter in law and one for the neighbour.
All good reports so far so i`ll be doing this one again for sure.

Wayne. Boy have YOU got something to answer for. :rofl:
I`ve made a fair bit of this pate of late, i keep some and give most of it away. Only this afternoon over the garden fence my neighbour gives me a bottle of red and says "John, next time your making ............... not hinting of course .......... :norty: :hind:

Last edited:
i know what you mean its like come dine with me every week here exept im the only one doing any cooking:doh: god knows what its going to be like when i get my curing on the go, atb wayne

1 large roe liver
1 large onion
1 clove of garlic
red wine
rosemary
thyme
salt /pepper

Sounds too simple but at the same time my mouth is watering

Sounds too simple but at the same time my mouth is watering
it is really that simple and if you want to transform this into something really special get yourself to tescos and buy a 500g bag of wrights baking bread mix in parmesan and sun dried tomato and make a waffa thin garlic bread its awsome and again really simple to do . i know basil doesnt like garlic but for me these two go together great, atb wayne

Back