Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of the best evenings I have had

One of the best evenings I have had

I'm not a professional, but tonight I took someone else out for the first time.

The gentleman in question is 76 years old, loves his stalking, but over the past few years has had a bit of a crisis of confidence. I persuaded him to come and sit in the Eagles Nest for an evening with me and see what came out of the woods.

Sue enough, at 1930, an old Roe Buck walked out onto the ride, just 60 yards from the seat. Perfect broadside shot from him and down it went. He was a very happy chappy on the drive home, almost like he had a new lease of life having got back on the horse again.

I can understand why some of you guys do it now. Far more personally satisfying than taking the shot yourself.
    So much to learn and so little time left

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Excellent to hear, even better he got a successful shot off. It's good we hear far more of this sort of gesture on here than examples of rip off merchants and the like as is currently being discussed.

Nice to hear, everyone deserves a spark now and then.

M

Well done Nigel, hope all is well with you. Have you received your paperwork back?
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I've guided 4 people onto their first deer in the last few months, and a couple others onto first good bucks.

It's a really superb experience - I love doing it.

And the best bit is that, if they're friends (ie. not paying you) - they do the gralloch and drag!

SD Regular
    Well done Nigel - a lovely gesture and an even better result. As you say, a different sort of satisfaction in helping others to enjoy the sport.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    I'm not a professional, but tonight I took someone else out for the first time.

The gentleman in question is 76 years old, loves his stalking, but over the past few years has had a bit of a crisis of confidence. I persuaded him to come and sit in the Eagles Nest for an evening with me and see what came out of the woods.

Sue enough, at 1930, an old Roe Buck walked out onto the ride, just 60 yards from the seat. Perfect broadside shot from him and down it went. He was a very happy chappy on the drive home, almost like he had a new lease of life having got back on the horse again.

I can understand why some of you guys do it now. Far more personally satisfying than taking the shot yourself.
    Nice one Nigel.. there is something far more satisfying helping others than helping yourself sometimes

Two very happy stalkers that night .I just hope ime willing and able when I am 76 yrs old I might just need some help getting into positiom with my zimmer frame

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Well done Nigel, hope all is well with you. Have you received your paperwork back?
    Yes thank you Malc. Got my little badge as well. Thanks for all your help.

Thought hard about joining you on your Scottish trip when you posted the vacancies last week. Perhaps next year.

All the best,

Nigel
    So much to learn and so little time left