Thread: What a joker

What a joker

well where do I begin. I went out on Saturday to try and bag a buck , my plan was to sit out for a buck then do a couple of hours foxing later

It was also the 1st time my new HWV has been out with me on a live outing . I got to the area nice and early had a cuppa let "Joe" the HWV have a bit of play time and unwinding before we set off.

I got to my sitting up point , its a nice little hollow where you can observe the world around you with a lovely downward shooting angle sheltered from the wind and a bit of a sun trap.

So im sat all quiet for some time "Joe" is being a dream with being more than content just sat down also watching whats going on in the world around him. At one point I had a little lay down walming my bones in the sun a pair of Fallow does had stepped into the field and he notified me with a low little growl .

Joe and I sat watching the does go about their daily buisness he was facinated watching them . Well I had been in position about 1.5hrs when the two Fallow does weren't happy about something and pronked off.

As I was scanning with the bins to see what had spooked then , Joe gave out another low growl when I looked to see what he was looking at I couldn't believe my eyes.

Out from the trees staggered a man dressed head to foot in a bright green skin tight Joker ( Jim Carrey & origional Joker off batman ) suit which had ???????? All over it.

He was staggering about with a bottle of Magners in his hand walking in my direction totally unaware I was there. As he got closer Joe gave a couple of low growls as if to say " not sure about this dad" but with a soft word and reassuring pat he was fine.

I removed my face veil and stood up and said "Hello". There was an audible gasp from the man in the bright green skin tight suit then he said to me " what are you doing here" which made me chuckle.

I said to him how i was going to ask him the very same question. So the rather tipsy man dressed head to toe in vivid green skin tight suit covered in ???? Went on to say in a louder and louder voice how he were part of a touring RFC side from Hampshire he was rather tipsy and had decided to walk it off( he had walked a fair few miles) and he had ended up by me.

He had kindly offered to share what remained of his cider with me , which I declined of course . As he drained the last drops of the heady golden liquid from the bottle he ask me " do you have any cans or is there a shop close by" I openly had to laugh at this .

So i explained calmly and slowly to the green clad mad I was here shooting and he shouldn't be wandering about . It took a few seconds to sink in then when the penny dropped he was very apologetic .

I walked him to the boundry showed him the path and made him repeat my directions for him to find his way back , I elevated him of the empty bottle ( he would only of dropped it later on ) and bid him farewell with him shaking my hand like I was a long lost friend.

I found a vantage point and watched " The Joker" for a good twenty minutes until he was out of sight then me and Joe went back to the truck for a cuppa and biscuit . Knowing no deer were going to appear in that area .

I did once dark have a a great time foxing accounting for a dog & vixen to the 7mm-08 with Joe tracking all the way into the shot foxes and recovering them back to me.

I did also later ring the local RFC club that the touring side were at and confirmed The Joker had made it back safe .

I thought I'd share this little story with you........Neil
    Last edited by griffshrek; 21-04-2015 at 22:40.

now that made me chuckle, it takes all sorts,lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Worth a chuckle, poor bloke.
    Reminds me of the time I went out one night after work. Missed my last train home and had no money for a taxi so I walked, 12 miles if you take the direct route, and for reasons you can imagine my route was not so direct! Left the pub at last orders and arrived home very nearly sober at 7am.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

SD Regular
    As any Batman aficienado will know if he was green and covered wit ??? he was not "The Joker" but "The Riddler". As any fule kno!

My mistake your right ........riddler ( I will need to watch more tv)

Hahahahahaha. The things you see, hey?

I once had a young couple pop into the bush next to mine for a spot of 'relationship affirmation'. I had to let them know I was there of course.........it was just as well the shock didn't make her clench her teeth
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by griffshrek View Post
    well where do I begin. I went out on Saturday to try and bag a buck , my plan was to sit out for a buck then do a couple of hours foxing later

It was also the 1st time my new HWV has been out with me on a live outing . I got to the area nice and early had a cuppa let "Joe" the HWV have a bit of play time and unwinding before we set off.

I got to my sitting up point , its a nice little hollow where you can observe the world around you with a lovely downward shooting angle sheltered from the wind and a bit of a sun trap.

So im sat all quiet for some time "Joe" is being a dream with being more than content just sat down also watching whats going on in the world around him. At one point I had a little lay down walming my bones in the sun a pair of Fallow does had stepped into the field and he notified me with a low little growl .

Joe and I sat watching the does go about their daily buisness he was facinated watching them . Well I had been in position about 1.5hrs when the two Fallow does weren't happy about something and pronked off.

As I was scanning with the bins to see what had spooked then , Joe gave out another low growl when I looked to see what he was looking at I couldn't believe my eyes.

Out from the trees staggered a man dressed head to foot in a bright green skin tight Joker ( Jim Carrey & origional Joker off batman ) suit which had ???????? All over it.

He was staggering about with a bottle of Magners in his hand walking in my direction totally unaware I was there. As he got closer Joe gave a couple of low growls as if to say " not sure about this dad" but with a soft word and reassuring pat he was fine.

I removed my face veil and stood up and said "Hello". There was an audible gasp from the man in the bright green skin tight suit then he said to me " what are you doing here" which made me chuckle.

I said to him how i was going to ask him the very same question. So the rather tipsy man dressed head to toe in vivid green skin tight suit covered in ???? Went on to say in a louder and louder voice how he were part of a touring RFC side from Hampshire he was rather tipsy and had decided to walk it off( he had walked a fair few miles) and he had ended up by me.

He had kindly offered to share what remained of his cider with me , which I declined of course . As he drained the last drops of the heady golden liquid from the bottle he ask me " do you have any cans or is there a shop close by" I openly had to laugh at this .

So i explained calmly and slowly to the green clad mad I was here shooting and he shouldn't be wandering about . It took a few seconds to sink in then when the penny dropped he was very apologetic .

I walked him to the boundry showed him the path and made him repeat my directions for him to find his way back , I elevated him of the empty bottle ( he would only of dropped it later on ) and bid him farewell with him shaking my hand like I was a long lost friend.

I found a vantage point and watched " The Joker" for a good twenty minutes until he was out of sight then me and Joe went back to the truck for a cuppa and biscuit . Knowing no deer were going to appear in that area .

I did once dark have a a great time foxing accounting for a dog & vixen to the 7mm-08 with Joe tracking all the way into the shot foxes and recovering them back to me.

I did also later ring the local RFC club that the touring side were at and confirmed The Joker had made it back safe .

I thought I'd share this little story with you........Neil
    glad you found the funny side of it

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Hahahahahaha. The things you see, hey?

I once had a young couple pop into the bush next to mine for a spot of 'relationship affirmation'. I had to let them know I was there of course.........it was just as well the shock didn't make her clench her teeth
    This made me lol