Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: badger detterrant

badger detterrant

Several golf courses I do bunny/fox control for have a badger infestation.

Staying strictly legal, are there any ways to deter them/persuade them to move along?

Play Slim Whitman records from big speakers. It works for Martians.

Obviously you can't control them and messing with their setts is a no-no to keep it legal. Depending on where they are situated, fencing might work, but to deter badgers it's going to have to be substantial and dug in. Electric fencing might be an option. Ultrasonic sound emitters apparently might work they say.

This has worked for me in the past with an otter,

Just annoy it, I had an otter visit the farm on a regular basis and just put him on the lamp every couple of minutes every night and after a week he decides that coming this way was more bother than it was worth.

Non lethal and caused no damage to nest/set, no rules on night time observation.

Andy
    "Amazing things can happen when preparation meet opportunity" Richard Schatz

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran

Any Badgers I light up when foxing tend to shy away, why not set up a couple strong floods, where they are heading for the greens, pir's?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Badgers round here take absolutely no notice of lamps shone on them, or anything else in fact. They are a real pain in the arse.

Only one thing to do .stand there and shout shoo you naughty hedgehog eaters every so often or put up a picture of Bill Oddie

A blow up KwisPwackam?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Put peanuts on the greens. That will stop those annoying golfers coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Several golf courses I do bunny/fox control for have a badger infestation.

Staying strictly legal, are there any ways to deter them/persuade them to move along?
    NO! But releasing some wild boar might help.

put a picture of brian may on the 19th,
    DONT START