Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware Deerhunter products

Beware Deerhunter products

Just a word of warning to all those out there considering buying Deerhunter products, beware that the warranty is only valid from the time your item is sold to the retailer not from when it is sold to you by the retailer.
    To clarifi i bought a pair of trousers ( 160 ) from a well known retailer at the CLA last year & towards the end of the season the one leg zip went & the stitching in the crotch below the fly undid about 2" so i contacted the retailer who said they couldnt send them bk &t to contacted the UK rep for deerhunter who had me send them to him & he said he'd sort it. So i duly posted them off to him.
    Result i thought.

Not on your life.
    they arrived back in the same condition with a letter from deerhunter stating "Unfortunatly these trousers are not under our claim warranty any more-as they were purchased from us in 2009."
    "we can therefore not accept the claim & return the trousers to the address informed to Mr **** ****.". Best Regards B Aand**"

i contacted the rep who agreed with me that this couldnt be correct & as he requested emailed him a complaint expressing my displeasure at their response & tried ringing him but was unable to get an answer so as i stated in the email i am now informing everyone of deerhunters policy on warranty & returns, so beware you need to know when your retailer purchased the item from them (deerhunter) before you purchase it from them (the retailer) to know how long you have left on the warranty as in some cases it may be zero if the retailer has had them in stock for some time.
    attached is a copy of the letter recived if anyone doubts me or deerhunters position.
    Attachment 55718
    Last edited by CWMMAN3738; 22-04-2015 at 10:13.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Sounds a little unreasonable to me, however your claim is, or should be against the retailer not the maker.
    As with anything in it's first year of ownership, complaints and returns go to the retailer as they are responsible.
    The maker or importer only has a duty of care to the shop in the first year, not to you.

Neil.

Trading standards job.
    Cheers Ted.

SACS Member. DSC 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Sounds a little unreasonable to me, however your claim is, or should be against the retailer not the maker.
    As with anything in it's first year of ownership, complaints and returns go to the retailer as they are responsible.
    The maker or importer only has a duty of care to the shop in the first year, not to you.

Neil.
    Yep retailer should take responsibility.

Look up SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979. There you will find all you need to know regarding a claim against the retailer who must repair/replace or refund against faulty goods. It is not uncommon for a retailer to appear to be helpful by returning goods to the manufacturer. The problem is his alone as regards your contract with him as you have no contract with the manufacturer, wholesaler, importer etc..

yeah i tried several times with the retailer but they refused to help or accept them in any way,
    this also would mean that retailers are going to refuse because of deerhunters policy
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Established Poster
    Sorry, but as others have said, your contract is with the retailer, not the maker. If they refuse to take on their legal responsibilities, then you either go Trading Standards or Small Claims.

To Deerhunter, it's a 6 year old pair of trousers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post

Neil.
    Correct Neil... this is the retailer's problem.... NOT the end user's

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    If you bought them at the Game Fair (18-20 July 2014) and the fault appeared towards the end of the season (Jan 2015) then you were approaching the six month threshold, so hopefully you contacted the retailer before the end of Jan? After that it's down to the consumer to prove that the goods were not of satisfactory quality at the time of purchase. Regardless, you should take this up with the retailer and remind them of their obligations under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Bear in mind also that the retailer can take into account "wear and tear".

Follow the instructions here: Citizens Advice - Faulty goods - if you want a repair or a replacement
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    yeah i tried several times with the retailer but they refused to help or accept them in any way,
    this also would mean that retailers are going to refuse because of deerhunters policy
    I can see nothing unreasonable about refusing to repair an item that is now 6 years old, even if it had only been used once in that time the original manufacturers warranty will have expired, your problem is with the retailer who is so poorly organised as to have kept stock on the rack for that long in the first place! seems a bit rich to be blaming it all on Deerhunter
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."