Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it legal to kill your own computer after years of loyal service?

Is it legal to kill your own computer after years of loyal service?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32407688

I think there's a lot of satisfaction to be had by shooting electrical goods that decide to stop working at the most inconvenient time. Toasters, kettles, computer hardware and other small electrical appliances all need controlling in my view.

But of course you need to have a cull plan in place to ensure only the most annoying items are removed and other interested parties need consulted first. Woe betide anyone who shoots the two pointer GHD hair straighteners without consulting the estate manager.

Flyboy still hasn't tied that sat nav of his to a post at dawn yet!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

HTC Wildfire. Sadly too far gone, so had to be humanely destroyed. Recommended calibre 22-250. Clean kill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150107_220828[1].jpg   20141220_133330[1].jpg  
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

SD Regular
    HTC Wildfire. Sadly too far gone, so had to be humanely destroyed. Recommended calibre 22-250. Clean kill
    Oh dear! I think I know exactly how you might feel! Do you do "contract killings"?

I have an HTC Wildfire. The WORST, WORST, WORST mobile I have ever had...it even makes my first mobile...a Motorola seem like a thing of joy. The only single thing that i like is that it uses a mini-USB charger so at least I can charge my tablets off the same charger.

If I send you a plain envelope, photos of said HTC and where it will be for the next month how much will you fee be for carrying out the "hit"?

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    If I send you a plain envelope, photos of said HTC and where it will be for the next month how much will you fee be for carrying out the "hit"?
    No charge
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Yes, but you have to make sure the bullet penetrates the hard drive and processor to ensure a clean kill. Given the soulless nature of a computer there is not a lot of blood to cause hydrostatic shock. Also choosing the correct shot stops running after being shot - they can be hard to kill.

I put a toshiba out of its misery with my 7x65, but it did take three shots - it booted up after the first round!

My HTC Desire was tough to kill too........took a good dozen .22LRs to finally subdue it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0394.jpg  

Woodsmoke, I really have to ask you why you keep buying and then shooting HTC phones in particular...

SD Regular
    I put a toshiba out of its misery with my 7x65, but it did take three shots - it booted up after the first round!
    Well I'm not surprised. Should have used a proper man's round like .270 Winchester as we all know if God had created cartridges..if he'd had had any spare time after creating Yorkshire...it would have been a .270 Winchester.

SD Regular
    TO PINE MARTEN:

Woodsmoke, I really have to ask you why you keep buying and then shooting HTC phones in particular..
    To own one, an HTC, or to have owned one, is to know...
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 22-04-2015 at 12:32.