Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl Zeiss Terra ED 10x42 Binoculars

Carl Zeiss Terra ED 10x42 Binoculars

I have the chance of a pair of these at under 350. Does anyone have any experience of this model in particular?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Loads for sale new under 300

Oh? I need to shop around then! Do you rate them at all?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

They are OK but not in the same class as more expensive Zeiss, the glass seems to be good, but the build quality
    leaves a little to be desired, grandson bought a pair which developed a fault within a week of purchase, they were
    replaced without any quibble, and the replacement pair have been faultless so far.

As others have said check out price the can be picked up for under 300

Worth checking out Vortex, Minox, Nikon Prostaff or some mid range Opticrons which are all equall in performance
    and quality and of a similar price to the Terras

Thank you! I'll definitely have a look

I bought a pair of Terras (I think they were 8x) on behalf of someone else and I had a sneaky play with them. I thought they were ok but the depth of field was very shallow, they required constant refocusing.

300-400 is an arkward price bracket for binos, its top end of the money for 'also ran' brands but not quite enough for second hand Swarovski.

I agree there just about ok what put me off was that I was told by a very good friend of mine in the States ,Zeiss Terra Binos where made in China ,but the Terra Scope range where made in Japan ..

Quote Originally Posted by GOMX View Post
    I agree there just about ok what put me off was that I was told by a very good friend of mine in the States ,Zeiss Terra Binos where made in China ,but the Terra Scope range where made in Japan ..

Not all together a bad thing China seems to have got its act together and is producing some good glass, as good as what you would expect from Japan.

At that sort of budget you'd be possibly better off looking at Minox or Vortex.