Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody used lasarotta ?

anybody used lasarotta ?

simple really , anyone any experience of lasarotta and their boar shooting ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

I'm thinking of booking and just thought I'd get some info ?

Nobody used them?

Hi, Yes. I have been on one trip with them and wasn't overly impressed. I think that was the general verdict of the group. We were promised a massive of bag of something like 50+ boar., obviously that never happened and it was just an average hunt of 8-12 boar a day. The refund for the promised bag was in the form of booking yet another hunt with them! There was lots of jumping in and out of cramped minibuses, changed location mid hunt, and a lot of general confusion amongst the hunters. Some people moaned about the walking but I didn't mind that. That's just my experience, could well be different for others of course! This was about 2008/2009 I think.

Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Boarboy View Post
    Hi, Yes. I have been on one trip with them and wasn't overly impressed. I think that was the general verdict of the group. We were promised a massive of bag of something like 50+ boar., obviously that never happened and it was just an average hunt of 8-12 boar a day. The refund for the promised bag was in the form of booking yet another hunt with them! There was lots of jumping in and out of cramped minibuses, changed location mid hunt, and a lot of general confusion amongst the hunters. Some people moaned about the walking but I didn't mind that. That's just my experience, could well be different for others of course! This was about 2008/2009 I think.
    50+ Boar in a wild free range trip is hard work unless you use the best areas, but that costs a lot.

Tackb.....

One word....

Avoid!

We did two trips with them! First was to an enclosed area where we were promised 50+ boar between a party of 12 of us. We did see and shoot a few but nothing like the promised numbers...quite a few of the party were very disappointed. We complained when we got back and had a "discount" on another trip, we which took....

Second trip was a nightmare where we saw and shot less than 4-5 boar per day between a whole party of us. We kicked off and were taken to another area where magically we saw more boar but not in the numbers promised!
    Many of the group didn't even fire a shot in anger!
    Accommodation was a run down roadside motel!
    The chap who runs it appears to fall out with various landowners who then seem to end up chasing our shoot organiser for payment. There are also some very very unsavoury characters who own and run some of these estates. The sort of people who know where the bodies are actually buried!
    So...be warned.....typical of many of these outfits...promise 50+ animals a day and will deliver less than half of that. If you do book make sure you book an enclosed area otherwise there is a lot of standing around in the cold for a fleeting glimpse of the arse end of a boar!!
    Also be warned he will try and sell you various pheasant, partridge, dove shooting, a luxury yacht or a Croatian castle/villa!
    Taff

Just interested to see if you went wild boar hunting. I went with Lasarotta a few years back, a chap called Bogdan. It was totally unorganised and I actually demanded my money back at the airport because I was on my way from Slovenia to Croatia when the driver got the call to say it was cancelled, so had to drive back to Slovenia and re book into an hotel and flew out the next day. Avoid at all costs. Would be interested to know if you went with another outfitter.

I never went in the end , this plus people I trust warned me off !

boar is still on the bucket list

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    I never went in the end , this plus people I trust warned me off ! boar is still on the bucket list
    John Robson has a cracker of an offer if you are willing to join in the drinking and photo bombing and willing to go in December.
    The Hotel is first class and if he is still using the same ground, I think he is, then you can be sure of some shooting too.

Do you have a contact address for John Robson ?