Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 Lite or Varmint

Tikka T3 Lite or Varmint

Hi guys,
    i am looking to buy a Tikka T3 synthetic stainless in .243 with a moderator, but not sure Lite or Varmint, anyone help on the pros and cons of both.

Thanks

John

It will all depend on what you will be using it for? Target , walkabout gun , static varmint blastert?
    Target - varmint
    Walkabout - lite
    Static varmint - varmint

Thanks for the reply, it will be a mixture of open hill and woodland stalking and foxing, i found another thread on here about the same topic, looks like the Lite is the one to go for.

thanks again
    John

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone ever quantified the difference in terms of accuracy between a standard and a varmint rifle of whatever make?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but has anyone ever quantified the difference in terms of accuracy between a standard and a varmint rifle of whatever make?
    The target rifles, the Sporter, is a guaranteed 1/2 MOA.

My Lites in 223, 7mm-08, and 308 all shoot half minute or better: cold or hot.~Muir

Hmmm...so why go varmint. Maybe just like the steadying forward weight of the barrel.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by Happy stalker View Post
    Thanks for the reply, it will be a mixture of open hill and woodland stalking and foxing, i found another thread on here about the same topic, looks like the Lite is the one to go for.

thanks again
    John
    My mate has a The Lite 243 for the same reason as you woodland & hill stalking , he also brings it down to our local 200m range amazingly shoots sub 1" all day long & to be honest gets a little bit boring to shoot .
    Go for the Lite you won't be disappointed ...

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    Hmmm...so why go varmint. Maybe just like the steadying forward weight of the barrel.
    Perhaps. I shoot alot off hand and often wish there was an extra pound of barrel out there to steady me up a little. But off of a bench, or prone, I don't notice. And carrying it around all day is sooo easy.~Muir

I've got both. .243 varmint and a 30-06 lite. Foxing rig from the truck and a stalking rig. if I bought again I would get two Lites.

Jon

no difference in accuracy
    Last edited by 243varmint; 23-04-2015 at 20:44.