Tikka T3 Lite or Varmint

Happy stalker

Hi guys,
i am looking to buy a Tikka T3 synthetic stainless in .243 with a moderator, but not sure Lite or Varmint, anyone help on the pros and cons of both.

Thanks

John

It will all depend on what you will be using it for? Target , walkabout gun , static varmint blastert?
Target - varmint
Walkabout - lite
Static varmint - varmint

Thanks for the reply, it will be a mixture of open hill and woodland stalking and foxing, i found another thread on here about the same topic, looks like the Lite is the one to go for.

thanks again
John

Thanks for the reply, it will be a mixture of open hill and woodland stalking and foxing, i found another thread on here about the same topic, looks like the Lite is the one to go for.

thanks again
John

My mate has a The Lite 243 for the same reason as you woodland & hill stalking , he also brings it down to our local 200m range amazingly shoots sub 1" all day long & to be honest gets a little bit boring to shoot .
Go for the Lite you won't be disappointed ...

Hmmm...so why go varmint. Maybe just like the steadying forward weight of the barrel.

Perhaps. I shoot alot off hand and often wish there was an extra pound of barrel out there to steady me up a little. But off of a bench, or prone, I don't notice. And carrying it around all day is sooo easy.~Muir

I've got both. .243 varmint and a 30-06 lite. Foxing rig from the truck and a stalking rig. if I bought again I would get two Lites.

Jon

no difference in accuracy

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info guys, it will be the lite just looking to see the best new price, now I just have to decide on which moderator.

I have a varmint synthetic stainless in 6.5x55.

If your planning on using a mod I would go for the lite version, the varmint is already front heavy and the mod would just increase this.

My mate has a The Lite 243 for the same reason as you woodland & hill stalking , he also brings it down to our local 200m range amazingly shoots sub 1" all day long & to be honest gets a little bit boring to shoot .
Go for the Lite you won't be disappointed ...

Can I ask what ammo your mate is using, info genuinely appreciated.

rgds WB

I got a Lite in .223. The Varmint barrel did feel a bit front heavy to me for field work, so I guess you won't go wrong with that choice. As for a moderstor, I've got an A-Tec Maxim. It's retty light, over-barrel so doesn't turn your gun into an 18th century six foot Black Bess copy and it's pretty effective at the main job of moderating.

I started with a varmint T3 in 243, great kit. Learnt the hard way about weight when I got the chance to do hill stalking, plus moved up to a 308. I will never sell the T3 as my first gun and is currently being recycled into a foxing setup with NV. For your needs I would go for the T3 lite. The ATEC alum model CMM4 ALU I think, is superb. I have one on my hill kit, a 308 sako A7 rifle and delighted with it.

Back