Thread: Yodel arghhhhhh

Yodel arghhhhhh

I have just spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to sort out a parcel delivery for a guy on here.
    Yodeldirect were supposed to pick it up today, at 3 pm I recieved a text to say they had failed to pick it up ( THEY WENT TO THE WRONG ******ADDRESS )
    IT then took me 1 1/2 hrs to wade through there web site (THEY DONT HAVE A PHONE) eventually a nice guy who works for myyodel gave me a short cut and that sorted it but I will not be using them again.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Keith, I have been using MyHermes of late, no problems with them, collect from your house or a drop shop.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

You going tomorrow night?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Keith, I have been using MyHermes of late, no problems with them, collect from your house or a drop shop.
    Apart from they're booked to collect on a Tuesday and they turn up on Thursday or Friday !!! Having said that, I was told today by the very nice lady that collects ours that I was emailed to say she would be here between 2-30 and 3-00. True to their word she was, so they may have sorted late collections out.

only problem is, we don't have a computer at work

They are the worse company to have ever existed. I have had the misfortune to deal with them trhee times in the last two days. Why people still use them is beyond my comprehension...

If I order something online & then find out yodel is carrier I will cancel order immediately ....
    Never met such a useless inept waste of human tissue.

If I did my job even a fraction as bad as this lot I would have been fired years ago

Paul

I've had bad experiences with all of them, but Yodel were/are one of the worst. I had to drive to their centre in Bristol once (address only found by searching google for other angry customers) and walked into the warehouse threatening to find my own parcel before someone finally helped me get my goods!

Also sent a couple of packages via Parcelfarce recently (only because I found out after queuing for ages in the post office that as I was 0.0001 gram over some arbitrary threshold Royal Mail special delivery would cost 1.2 million pounds to send). Amazingly both parcels did actually get there... several hours before the tracking ever registered they'd been sent!

A good tracking system does sort of make up for inadequacies... I think it's Interlink where you can track the van and which delivery number he is on and what delivery number you are... you can then watch 'Dave' do delivery no. 23 just 200 yards away from you and then do a 30 mile round trip before coming back to do your delivery no. 42

You poor darlings in the softy south! - You don't know your born! - Up here (30 miles from Inverness) when deliveries are expected & tracking is provided stuff arrives in Inverness in 2 days max - It then takes up to five days to come the 30 miles up the glen!!! ----- All on a 48 hour service!

Ian