Thread: 2x syndicate places - Borders

2x syndicate places - Borders

I have decided to add 2 syndicate members to my ground near Duns (Borders), starting next April ('16). The ground is some woodland and fields/hedgerows. Low cull estimate is 15 bucks and 20 does based on past records, with good quality heads present.

Acreage is approx. 1,800

There will be highseats available, but personally I see it as a good 'stalking' ground by foot

This will be a reasonably informal syndicate, nothing 'commercial'.

I am on good terms with the agent and know the ground, therefore am confident in the previous cull figures and cull targets being realistic; but wish to front the rent from this May 1st, to secure the ground. This is not a requirement, but I have agreed this to ensure the lease is mine in writing, which is important IMHO. I will be able to show it from late May/June to those opting in if they choose.

The ground will hardly be shot this year due to lack of time available to the current leaseholder, so will not be 'shot out' so to speak.

Each place will cost 750 pa, and will be due on acceptance of application/agreement. This is refundable to within 1 month of the start of the season. The price is not pro-rata, and I will personally have the majority of the rent on my shoulders, so I believe it to be quite fair.

It is deer only, foxes if seen. No game birds as that right is separately leased.

I am not picky about DSC's, but would like a confident hunter with some experience. I will be the primary lease holder as agreed with the agent, and will have the rights to terminate lease agreements; however, I obviously expect that will not be the case of course, if there's a good mutual friendship built up on the lease between myself and the members.

Please PM me if interested with a brief on yourself, expectations and experiences.

Last edited by PKL; 23-04-2015 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I have decided to add 2 syndicate members to my ground near Duns (Borders), starting next April ('16). The ground is some woodland and fields/hedgerows. Low cull estimate is 15 bucks and 20 does based on past records, with good quality heads present.

Acreage is approx. 1,800

There will be highseats available, but personally I see it as a good 'stalking' ground by foot

This will be a reasonably informal syndicate, nothing 'commercial'.

I am on good terms with the agent and know the ground, therefore am confident in the previous cull figures and cull targets being realistic; but wish to front the rent from this May 1st, to secure the ground. This is not a requirement, but I have agreed this to ensure the lease is mine in writing, which is important IMHO. I will be able to show it from late May/June to those opting in if they choose.

The ground will hardly be shot this year due to lack of time available to the current leaseholder, so will not be 'shot out' so to speak.

Each place will cost 750 pa, and will be due on acceptance of application/agreement. This is refundable to within 1 month of the start of the season. The price is not pro-rata, and I will personally have the majority of the rent on my shoulders, so I believe it to be quite fair.

It is deer only, foxes if seen. No game birds as that right is separately leased.

I am not picky about DSC's, but would like a confident hunter with some experience. I will be the primary lease holder as agreed with the agent, and will have the rights to terminate lease agreements; however, I obviously expect that will not be the case of course, if there's a good mutual friendship built up on the lease between myself and the members.

Please PM me if interested with a brief on yourself, expectations and experiences.

so three syndicate members in total??

Quote Originally Posted by biffo View Post
    so three syndicate members in total??
    Myself and two 'outside' members essentially.

loads of PM's,

please don't be offended if I haven't replied yet, just sifting through things little by little.

Thanks to all those who enquired, the slots have now been filled.