Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 527 Cabine 7.62 x 39

CZ 527 Cabine 7.62 x 39

I'm thinking of adding one to my variation , CZ 527 Cabine chambered in 7.6239 has caught my eye ,sure would make a cracking little woodland / truck gun & plinking down the range , Ammo & Brass is really cheap ....Has anyone got one ? ,

No, but it's on my bucket list to own one.~Muir

Had one and enjoyed it still have a lot of expanding bullets cases and dies if you get one

Interesting , PM sent...

Got one sitting here, had it a while now, nice little gun.

Neil.

I was thinking of converting a .222 brno fox into this. building a fixed floorplate instead of the drop down mag, etc. etc. etc. as I do...

however, out of curiousity, what's the velocities in respect of the legal requirements for deer? just wondering with it being such a low capacity case and a heavy bullet.

A friend of mine, who owns a pile of firearms, has one of these.. actually, his wife does. It is her favorite woods deer rifle. She also is partial to a CZ 527 full stock carbine in .22 Hornet for coyotes.

Got a CZ527 American in .223. Really like it and would recommend it.

Scrummy
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

I had one for a few years - only ever used it on paper. It's a fun little thing and cheap to shoot. More accurate than pistol calibre leverguns if fed decent handloads. Lapua factory FMJ ammo shot 1-1.75" at 100 (5 shots), most military or Russian stuff would be 2.5 inches plus, sometimes double that. Handloads can (easily) produce sub 2-inch groups and (with some effort) get down to the inch mark or close anyway.

ME wise, only one load that I chronographed broke 1,700 ft/lb and that was very hot steel-cased Russian Barnaul factory FMJ that ran at some 200 fps up on the M43's nominal velocity specs. It didn't break the ME floor by that much either, at 1,740 ft/lb. My handloads' top loadings with 123s ran at 1,500 ft/lb to 1,650 or so. The cartridge is at its best and most comfortable I felt with loads that produce 1,500-1,600 ft/lb and while a genuine deer acts legal loading isn't impossible, it's pushing the cartridge a bit harder than it's really meant to go.

If you've got land to plink on and take small vermin safely, it's a great little lightweight rifle, fun to shoot and reasonably accurate and I'm sure it'd take smaller deer efficiently at short ranges handoaded with suitable bullets, but legally is a bit more iffy. Ricochets might be a problem with FMJ ammo plinking too. One problem with the CZ is that it is a true 7.62X39 that should be fed 0.310-311" dia. bullets. That's what one wants to use cheap east European military surplus, but it limits bullet choice enormously in handloads compared to those US hunters who take deer with the Ruger Mini-30 and its .300 cal barrel and 0.308" projectiles. I've read several American magazine articles over the years about the Mini-30 on small whitetail deer and similar and it's usually advised to load thin jacketed 130gn models really intended for handgun hunting cartridges like the .30 Herrett to ensure proper expansion at the 7.62X39's modest velocities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Got one sitting here, had it a while now, nice little gun.

Neil.