Thread: Secret Britain - Where's your "Secret Place"?

Secret Britain - Where's your "Secret Place"?

A thing that interests me following on from the Secrat Britain thread and their coverage of the really stunning and beautiful areas of Scotland (Which I found a real pleasure to watch) do you have a "secret place" that you especially like to go to?
    It need not be a shooting related place, just somewhere that might have some special memories for you or maybe a favourite woodland where you go to relax and contemplate on life in general or even just enjoy the total peace, quiet and solitude.
    Mine is a small wood (About 7 acres) on one of my permissions just a 10 minute drive from my home where we I can (9 visits out of 10) just sit and watch roe deer going about their dialy business while I sit silently with them completely unaware of my presence (sometimes just 10 or so yards away from me) while the song birds and woodpeckers etc just fly around me not bothering about the fact that I am there watching them.
    It's "my secret place" where I can go and just sit quietly for hours on end surrounded by wildlife without having to worry (Or even think) about all the worries that life seems to brings with it!
    That's my secret/favourite place, where is your's and why?

Got a place where I've been going for family picnics since a toddler ... Up angus glens, a wee pool we swim & the sides are a sun trap , even went minute got a car at 17 .. Camp out fire , baked tatties & crates o beer ... Always tidied up & still go ... Hoping my kids like it as much as I do ... Beautiful & memories ....

Paul

I have had a few places over the years, but have been lucky enough over the past 10 years to have a special place. Its on the area I have in Scotland, of which several acres are old Caledonian forest. Some of the trees within this area are several hundred years old I would think.

On a crisp autumn morning as the sun is rising and the Sika and Reds are calling its a magical place to be.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Two beaches in Pembrokeshire....reached only by a good walk....No car park, no ice cream vans....just golden sand, clear waters and space!!

My secret place where I enjoy going or to be more accurate cumming is just through the bush between the legs of my mistress, but shhh don't tell the wife it's a secret

Im under strict orders off my trick cyclist not too reveal mine too anyone only her,
    DONT START

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Me and my older brothers secret place is not far from the rest and be thankful,

We return every year in September to do a wee bit of fishing and a wee bit of drinking (they do the drinking) its where we used to go with dad for many years and me being the youngest IV been the most,

Its just magical and if I closed my eyes my dad is right there,

Priceless

Bob
    Last edited by bobjs; 24-04-2015 at 16:24.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Me and my older brothers secret place is not far from the rest and be thankful,

We return every year in September to do a wee bit of fishing and a wee bit of drinking (they do the drinking) its where we used to go with dad for many years and me being the youngest IV been the most,

Its just magical and if I closed my eyes my dad is right there,

Priceless

Bob
    It's little things like that which can make a place so very special or magical!

Not so much a secret as others do go there but I have a place I go where a stunning river almost forms an ox bow lake.
    Near the 'entrance' of the ox bow stands a ruined cottage.
    The well is still there and the memory of pumping that for water as a youngster still makes my arm ache but with such happy memories.
    The Parkers that farmed the land are long gone, tough people that regularly had to row the 3 miles to the nearest village when the river burst its banks.
    memories of sitting next to the open hearth, the old lady reading from a huge old family bible (I wouldn't say I was a religious man at all, but there was something just 'nice' sitting there listening to the old girl read)
    Canoeing in the river, being chased by an irate swan nesting on the island.
    strett pegging a maggot to a shoal of grayling long before taking up fly fishing.
    the orchard. The 'hedge' consisting of damson and elderberrys trees. The hedge rows of blackthorn and collecting autumn sloes.
    The salmon so much reduced in number these days.

I had the opportunity many years ago to buy the place but didn't earn enough to buy it.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Not so much a secret as others do go there but I have a place I go where a stunning river almost forms an ox bow lake.
    Near the 'entrance' of the ox bow stands a ruined cottage.
    The well is still there and the memory of pumping that for water as a youngster still makes my arm ache but with such happy memories.
    The Parkers that farmed the land are long gone, tough people that regularly had to row the 3 miles to the nearest village when the river burst its banks.
    memories of sitting next to the open hearth, the old lady reading from a huge old family bible (I wouldn't say I was a religious man at all, but there was something just 'nice' sitting there listening to the old girl read)
    Canoeing in the river, being chased by an irate swan nesting on the island.
    strett pegging a maggot to a shoal of grayling long before taking up fly fishing.
    the orchard. The 'hedge' consisting of damson and elderberrys trees. The hedge rows of blackthorn and collecting autumn sloes.
    The salmon so much reduced in number these days.

I had the opportunity many years ago to buy the place but didn't earn enough to buy it.
    Don't feel bad about the grayling.

K