Thread: Greater Manchester Police firearms manager suspended

Greater Manchester Police firearms manager suspended

"Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Just about to post same thread!

Anyone on here been affected? Would be interesting to see what "concerns" the GMP have ?

.375 for vermin control in Moss side?

Indeed it would be interesting. I wonder if there's been corners cut because of staffing issues and as a result some certs have been granted that normally shouldn't be.

Of course those in charge will see that as something that the firearms manager has done wrong rather than the upper management creating those staffing conditions. Pure speculation by me of course.

Being one of the GMP customers over the last 10 or so years, I have had to give plenty of justification for all of my slots. Including new letters of authority from landowners, even when the letter states that authority is granted until revoked, verbally or in writing.

I have found GMP to be thorough if not overly thorough at times. But still fair in providing justification for their decision, most of the time.

What exactly they are looking into and how remains to be seen. I will just have to see if I get a letter or call.

Very interesting could be squeaky bum time for some. What are they looking for medical? minor criminal charges? What if your fire arms gets revoked guns removed who pays for loss.
    Jim

I wouldn't bother sending that variation in just yet chaps.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Very worrying as the ripples can reach far and wide,

Lets hope it's not to bad and the CORRECT action is taken with the correct response from the press etc,

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Very worrying as the ripples can reach far and wide,

Lets hope it's not to bad and the CORRECT action is taken with the correct response from the press etc,

Bob,
    Fret not Bob the ripples stop at the Wilts border

Despite Manchester's reputation for quick and efficient service, I must say v(like Handyandy, in fact) that I've never noticed them deviating from what you'de expect with respect to evidence of stalking, of club membership and so on.
    I hope that no significant grounds for concern are found.

Mind you, the way police forces these days seem to go around suspending their employees, you could probably gather them all in one place and fill a small football stadium. Or make another police force!