Thread: Kudu hunt

Kudu hunt

Had to put this up. went to Huntershill safaris in south Africa last week had a great week lots to see there and lots to hunt had a varied cull package and these two charmers

thanks again to everyone there for a great 9 days

DragClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07077.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	450.8 KB 
ID:	55810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07142.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	658.7 KB 
ID:	55811

Very nice. I hate to be a geek, but what did they measure?

that's a great kudu for the eastern cape and beautiful markings too, did you go in for a cull hunt and then upgrade?

Great Kudu Bull, well done!

Big horns ! Well done mate. Look forward to hearing the story

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Very nice. I hate to be a geek, but what did they measure?
    He is a beauty isn't he before he post the measurement I going with 47" let's see if I'm even close.

It was a great hunt took us four days to find him, the P.H. reckons he was about 12 years old and he measured just a shade over 48" but to me that doesn't matter as much .
    The fact that he was past his best and we got to within 60yds of him on the stalk made it all worth while we must have seen around 50 bull's before he decided on this beast
    my P.H was probably the most ethical hunter iv'e ever met (Justin Stretton) which is a refreshing change from the see it shoot it brigade
    and yes Ricky i did upgrade from a cull package. I also got a nice Blue Wildebeest bull with a broken horn
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07097.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	431.2 KB 
ID:	55910

Quote Originally Posted by Drag1 View Post
    It was a great hunt took us four days to find him, the P.H. reckons he was about 12 years old and he measured just a shade over 48" but to me that doesn't matter as much .
    The fact that he was past his best and we got to within 60yds of him on the stalk made it all worth while we must have seen around 50 bull's before he decided on this beast
    my P.H was probably the most ethical hunter iv'e ever met (Justin Stretton) which is a refreshing change from the see it shoot it brigade
    and yes Ricky i did upgrade from a cull package. I also got a nice Blue Wildebeest bull with a broken horn
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07097.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	431.2 KB 
ID:	55910
    Good for you my freind well done. Your right hunting should be done with your heart and not a tape measure

Lovely polished ivory tips, a mature bull

Yes, and he even offered to get me some decent red wine one evening - goodness knows where he'd have gone to get it from there!!

Great week at a fantastic and sensible priced safari. Huntershill Safaris is one to put in your bucket list - you will NOT be disappointed.

Trip of a lifetime and I'm not dead yet!