Thread: Police Scotland Excellent Service

Police Scotland Excellent Service

I am aware that Firearms Licensing have had a lot of upheaval in Police Scotland. Despite best effort this will have caused delays. Today however I had excellent services at their new office in Dalmarnock. Having faxed to them some information they varied my licence for a new calibre there and then. They are short staffed which makes the staff members efforts even more deserving of praise. So well done Police Scotland.

+1 Police Scotland installed a new computer system which initially caused problems , but these were quickly addressed and sorted, and despite recent budget cuts affecting firearms departments, they are doing a fantastic job, especially when you read some of the horror stories about "some" of the forces south of the border
    Well Done Police Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by stevenjames View Post
    I am aware that Firearms Licensing have had a lot of upheaval in Police Scotland. Despite best effort this will have caused delays. Today however I had excellent services at their new office in Dalmarnock. Having faxed to them some information they varied my licence for a new calibre there and then. They are short staffed which makes the staff members efforts even more deserving of praise. So well done Police Scotland.
    Totally agree, I posted my, licence on a Friday and was returned on Wednesday the following week. Great service Indeed, considering new computers- staffing level reduction. Well done to all the staff for a fast turn around.- hope they enjoyed their M&S chocolate biscuits.

2 weeks and counting for 141 variation from Fettes.....

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    2 weeks and counting for 141 variation from Fettes.....
    10,000 posts some going

Even with all the changes and move from Pitt Street just had 1 for 1 variation through in six working days great service in Glasgow

Anyone would think Strathclyde-as-was want Fettes to look bad...

surely not....
    only two people in there now
    I am first in line now.......{rubs hand in glee for new toys on way}

Give them there due, I put in a variation for an additional rifle - not a 141 on 30 March - just got a call and my cert is ready. Today is 30 April.