Thread: enlarged glands

enlarged glands

I shot a buck last night and on inspection his glands the groin ones especially look large but not inflamed .the buck looked totaly healthy before shot is this normal for this time of year ;by large i mean thumb nail size cheers nemo.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Nemo

Do you have any photos? Also, were there any other external signs of injury anywhere? Enlarged (not seriously) lymph glands typically indicate some form of infection or injury.

willie_gunn

no every thing seemed fine, he looked perfectly healthy and internal organs looked ok

I have seen a few nodes slightly enlarged this year and put it down to stress from the hard winter and the evictions at this time of year.
    All other indications are normal. as are the deers behaviour.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    I have seen a few nodes slightly enlarged this year and put it down to stress from the hard winter and the evictions at this time of year.
    Thank you for posting this thought-provoking observation - I just wish I had thought of it myself! I had not considered stress-related enlargement as a possibility. I hope Morena, when he's back on the site (soon, hopefully) will add his comments. In the meantime I'll have to search using Google to see what I can find.

willie_gunn

thanks for your replys guys ,i will say it tasted fine ,another lesson learned in the world of stalking .no matter how much knowledge you store theres always room for more