Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forestry Commision Allowences?

Forestry Commision Allowences?

Hullo all,

A really odd question. I was talking to a friend earlier (who is the stalker on a private estate in Northumberland) who said that the FC make their stalkers/rangers buy all their own optics, rifle,dog etc. Does anyone know if this is true?

They could be a possible future employer for me so Im rather intrigued to know.

Thanks

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Rifles - Supplied by FC and you do not need an FAC! but you can only use the rifles for work

dogs, non FC clothing - you have to buy

But there is a clothing allowance
    Last edited by Storm; 05-04-2010 at 18:21.

So they have to buy their own rifle? For FC Work? Sorry I just dnt get what your saying- they have to buy there own rifles-but not dog, clothing, bins etc. Does anyone know what kit they are issued?

Sorry

Sam
    Last edited by Sam; 05-04-2010 at 18:20.
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Thanks Storm I got it now

Sam

Sam,

When you work for the FC you get as has been said, clothing allowance, boots, waterfroofs etc i think 300 towards a dog, a rifle, all the ammunition paid for, scopes, bins, a vehicle, to be used for work which doesn`t need to be taxed as it`s a government vehicle, although working for the FC you are not technically a civil servant, you do get all the benefits that go with being one. If you are lucky you may even get a house, where a percentage of your wage would be taken as rent.

You say you may be working for them in the future. Good luck on that score as i have been for 2 interviews with them over the years and not been successful even after contracting for them. The last interview i went to had had 111 applications and i got through to the last 9 for interview. The one before that there was 70 applications and i got through to the last 6.

wadas

I think having to supply your teabags may have put them off wadas .

Quote Originally Posted by Brough View Post
    I think having to supply your teabags may have put them off wadas .
    Bloodyhell Paul, i reckon you`ve hit the nail on the head mate.

I don`t think 100 quid a week on tea bags is out the way is it, or is it just a northern thing.?

wadas

It`s often the case in the public sector that when a job comes available they are duty bound to go through the application prosess and interviews
    but the jobs are filled internally or a staff member wants to relocate!
    Bummer

No Mate thats perfectly acceptable the tight b******s ..

The Jobs are advertised Internally first, and then only opened for external applications if there are no takers.