Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still awaiting renewal of Certificate! How Many members have........

Still awaiting renewal of Certificate! How Many members have........

Hi all,
    Been awaiting my renewal of my SGC for over 3 months whilst checks made on my health etc and on Saturday i had to put my shotguns into an RFD to hold at a cost to me Due to awaiting certificate for so long that it actually ran out yesterday.
    1. How does anybody else deal with this type of issue, have you asked for a section 7 temp certificate?
    or
    2. Signed over your shotgun(s) to a friend as i have heard of this being done?

I would not have thought of Police Scotland (Strathclyde) having serious issues with Renewals as all of my variations etc had been done very quickly but i was left with no other choice but to place in the safe custody of the RFD that i usually go to or Pc Plod turning up on my doorstep due to their own inefficiencies and possibly arresting me for being in charge of 2 shotguns that i had no certificate for.

Surely in this day and age of electronic knowledge, it would be a simple transaction, like when they take your money to start the procedures in the first place!
    I used a copy of a letter and added some other details (asking for the letter to be placed in my Medical File, Where it can easily be seen for all other Police Enquires) from another link on The Stalking Directory about the type of information that they can request from my Doctor as the last time they asked some very inappropriate questions that under The Home Offices own guidelines my own Gp should have asked his own questions to the validity of the intrusion of my medical records and being asked to give his own thoughts about me holding any Certificates.
    Tumbleweed

"on Saturday i had to put my shotguns into an RFD to hold at a cost to me" Why?

If you have submitted your application for renewal within the recommended time period and supplied all the required information a temporary permit should have been issued. If you didn't then they are not required to issue a temporary permit and the cost of storage will fall to you. However if you have done everything right and they have not issued a permit then the cost of storage should be recoverable from the police service. Speak to your shooting organisation.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

If you have submitted your renewal on time, then you should not be unduly inconvenienced by it and they should issue a temporary certificate usually and I think most forces do that.

You say that the delay is while they investigate your health. It's none of my business and I don't want to know, but is it possible you have a condition that might compromise your ability to hold a certificate? If that's the case, the police may be reluctant to issue a temp. They could be seen as letting you have shotguns where they suspected something might go wrong!

The delay, of course might not be at the door of the police. Perhaps your doctor is dragging his/her heels.

Currently have been waiting over 3 months on a fac&sg renewal , had the home visit nearly 3 weeks ago and was told expect a week tops before I had it.

Remember Andy Marsh's fanfare about e-commerce renewals and variations. He is Hampshire Chief Constable and was the (now defunct) ACPO lead on Firearms and Explosives etc. Turned out to be complete hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    Remember Andy Marsh's fanfare about e-commerce renewals and variations. He is Hampshire Chief Constable and was the (now defunct) ACPO lead on Firearms and Explosives etc. Turned out to be complete hogwash.
    Buildup "Sweetener" to fees hike.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    If you have submitted your renewal on time, then you should not be unduly inconvenienced by it and they should issue a temporary certificate usually and I think most forces do that.

You say that the delay is while they investigate your health. It's none of my business and I don't want to know, but is it possible you have a condition that might compromise your ability to hold a certificate? If that's the case, the police may be reluctant to issue a temp. They could be seen as letting you have shotguns where they suspected something might go wrong!

The delay, of course might not be at the door of the police. Perhaps your doctor is dragging his/her heels.
    The problem they would have is i also a FAC and have few rifles of various calibres and that certificate is not due till 2017 and My doctor has apparently dealt with his part, so somebody is dragging their knuckles along the floor......,. Tried to phone the so called great 101 number today and was told by operator that there is no one answering at firearms, with staff cuts and People off with stress due to demands forced upon them, no wonder the system is falling apart and its the fault of the top guy as the staff can only process so much in a day, whilst possibly answering the many calls of people awaiting renewals etc.
    I will call them again tomorrow and hopefully hear what exactly is the problem OR maybe just that persons version.

STILL on a temp now @ 12 weeks overdue ??? temp runs out 0/7/15

same here on a temp cert since start of feb, got my visit last week with my new cert only to find out my conditions were not correct so sent it back in for change, hopefully not long now lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I rang up 2 days before expiry and demanded a certificate
    picked one up that afternoon

I discovered the enquiry officer did not do the references until 2 months and 26 days after we met!