Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dedicated nightvision rifle

dedicated nightvision rifle

Thinking of getting a rifle for dedicated nightvision,contemplating between 17 hornet and 222,won,t be shooting more than 200 yds any advice, don,t seem to be many reviews on the hornet for shooting fox .

Quote Originally Posted by bobby18 View Post
    Thinking of getting a rifle for dedicated nightvision,contemplating between 17 hornet and 222,won,t be shooting more than 200 yds any advice, don,t seem to be many reviews on the hornet for shooting fox .
    Have a look at the thread I started in the rifles & calibres section, may be of some help but not for the nv.

I'm thinking about something similar for NV... but maybe going for the .204 Ruger instead.
    Cheers Ted.

SACS Member. DSC 1.

got the 204 awesome calibre,now the summer months are coming prefer to use it daytime shooting and have a smaller calibre for the nights.

If you havnt got a .223 ... There is only 1 choice ..
    go with the 204 Ruger

i have a cooper in 17fb for sale with all the reloading dies powder etc used it wth a photon for bunnys and a pvs14 for charlie.if intrested pm me.

was interested in fb but can,t reload

Quote Originally Posted by bobby18 View Post
    was interested in fb but can,t reload
    then .222/.223 seems an obvious option to me
    not convinced about CF.17 options for fox in foul weather
    still very light and I like a bit of downrange energy on all my rifles

50gr at 3000+ fps will buckmost winds and at 200yds you can point and shoot without worry

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    ho bobby

I'm just doing the same thing,

selling the 243 and bits to get a small calibre for a stand alone NV set up.

I'm with ed above I like a bullet with a bit of weight behind it, so I was looking at a 222, or another 20tac, I have a 20 tac so it would save me having more dies more brass etc so I have found a new 20 tac that I would like to have but selling gear is not easy for anyone,

I'm not a fan of the 223 but I do like the 222 its well know for its accuracy and the component parts if you reload are cheap or if you don't load the ammo is ok price wise. it will run out to 200 with ease and be accurate enough for you not to worry or struggle with confidence of taking the shot in dark conditions.

I wish you well in your search

regard's

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

sorry a bit the topic but what are your ideas on the nv? scope type? i tried the yukon and could not see clearly pasted my garden gate.