Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzzards

Buzzards

Hi guys I just wondered what animals you have seen buzzards take? There is 1 around here that likes cats!

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Hi guys I just wondered what animals you have seen buzzards take? There is 1 around here that likes cats!
    Wonder how long they need to be trained for that (and where do I get one) lol

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    of course there is, and there's a Kestrel around here that takes the farmers cows.

Quote Originally Posted by jase kaye View Post
    of course there is, and there's a Kestrel around here that takes the farmers cows.
    A bit of a strange thing to say - or are you one of those people who think badgers only eat wholemeal muesli bars?

I had one hit a floater when out decoying on OSR in the spring surprised it didn't get speared, buggered up my preseved pigeon though.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    A bit of a strange thing to say - or are you one of those people who think badgers only eat wholemeal muesli bars?
    Not at all, I've flown hawks for over 20 years and I can tell you 100% that a common buzzard has neither the strength nor the tenacity to kill a cat, I've seen a 3lb Goshawk come off second to cat, so if someone says there's a buzzard killing cats it's either a load of b*****ks or it's not a buzzard (could be an escaped Redtail) but definitely not a common buzzard, and as for the badger comment, what relevance as that got, I'm well aware of what they eat.

+1. No chance whatsoever. Large female Gos or Redtail maybe. No cat is just going to roll over to a Common Buzzard! I've seen a Buzzard kicked off by an adult rabbit, but I've also seen one take an adult rabbit and the same 2 scenarios with cock pheasants. A cat on the other hand is whole different ball-game.
    ATB Lee

Saw one continually lifting something rising about twenty feet into the air and dropping it on investigation discovered it was a small adder.

I saw one kill a Barn Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Saw one continually lifting something rising about twenty feet into the air and dropping it on investigation discovered it was a small adder.
    They regularly take grass snakes too.