Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Agile fox

  1. #1

    Agile fox

    On our regular foray last night we had two foxs which we just couldn't get on, unsafe backstops and alike, so it was a foot stalk, needless to say our intended fox was mighty wary but it was difficult rock hard poached ground and little wind, anyway it started to make its way down the fence line at a trot, my buddy was on it using a fallen bough as a rest, it stopped for a second and just when I thought it was a gonner it leapt a good four feet up the fence and landed perfectly on top of a 3" post and sat there for a brief second, completely unshootable. The fence was a very tight weldmesh with a strand of electric wire across the post tops, remarkable agility in pitch black.

    anyway we now know how they are getting in and out. Next time!!!

    D

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    On our regular foray last night we had two foxs which we just couldn't get on, unsafe backstops and alike, so it was a foot stalk, needless to say our intended fox was mighty wary but it was difficult rock hard poached ground and little wind, anyway it started to make its way down the fence line at a trot, my buddy was on it using a fallen bough as a rest, it stopped for a second and just when I thought it was a gonner it leapt a good four feet up the fence and landed perfectly on top of a 3" post and sat there for a brief second, completely unshootable. The fence was a very tight weldmesh with a strand of electric wire across the post tops, remarkable agility in pitch black.

    anyway we now know how they are getting in and out. Next time!!!

    D
    No matter how much time you spend chasing them, they never cease to throw up suprises do they.

  3. #3
    Saw one trying to climb a Hawthorn tree after a woodie once.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Saw one trying to climb a Hawthorn tree after a woodie once.
    I have seen one up a tree, no idea why! But seemed quite at home.

  5. #5
    A few years ago in a real suburban setting (our back garden) one morning I saw beautiful pair of "proper foxes" walking along the rear garden fences, all of 2" wide without missing a step?

  6. #6
    saw one take an 8' wall from a standing start
    touch the wall half way up and was over!
    Last edited by bewsher500; 30-04-2015 at 15:52.

  7. #7
    Bewsher 8" means inches 8' is feet

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    I have seen one up a tree, no idea why! But seemed quite at home.
    Thats where a lot of birds live and sleep perhaps to dream,
    DONT START

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    I have seen one up a tree, no idea why! But seemed quite at home.
    The 'experts' (particularly Prof. Macdonald) say that many town foxes sleep up trees to keep away from all the dogs and humans. We don't see such behaviour out here in the countryside, and I'm sure that our thermal imagers would pick them up if it was a regular occurrence.
    Last edited by Paddy_SP; 30-04-2015 at 15:29.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mark@mbb View Post
    Bewsher 8" means inches 8' is feet
    Ha
    Yes
    small foxes round here......

Similar Threads

  1. Nice Surprise ,mind that fox,Thats NOT a fox blimey theres 2 of em
    By tozzybum in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 06:21
  2. *SOLD* Fox red labrador puppies (The colour of a fox)
    By Trufflehunting in forum Dogs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 08:39
  3. Agile Bavarians?
    By Gazza in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-10-2013, 22:12
  4. *SOLD* Agile neoprene Wellington boots
    By fairacre in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-03-2013, 12:19
  5. the ultimate fox call ss a.k.a tenterfield fox call
    By bullseye in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2013, 19:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •