Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: facebook videos

facebook videos

Anyone else noticed the growing trend in people posting videos on facebook pages which clearly break the terms of their f.a.c?
    Not only shooting with houses in the background but most f.a.cs have strict uses I.e vermin control deer management and zeroing, I may have read the terms wrong but I've never seen anything on a firearm cert that says you can mess about with your mates shooting at cans and golf balls at a 1000yrds.
    I dont mind people having fun but a golfball has a serious ricochet potential.
    im all for improving your skills but in this day and age I think its important to be responsible with all the anti gun cronies stalking the internet, id be interested in your thoughts.

Often use golf balls to zero my .22, have even used black walnuts, where does it say you cannot zero on private land with what ever target you like.

You shoot golf balls with a .22rimfire? And target shooting is usually on approved ranges

Quote Originally Posted by berniebear View Post
    but I've never seen anything on a firearm cert that says you can mess about with your mates shooting at cans and golf balls at a 1000yrds..
    where does it say you can't?
    everything has ricochet potential, steel gongs especially!

Fair enough it may not break the rules of your ticket, and I know steel gongs can bounce one back but being flattened theres very little energy however a round hard ball hit on the top or side will throw a bullet god knows where, are people really saying golf balls make a good target?

Zero, target shooting ? How would you prove either, I often zeroid at the range and shot target at the farm, some say tomato and some say tomato as the song goes, If there cert said only for target at a approved range, then they have committed a offence, but if like some of us your cert said for use at a range and for the purpose of vermin, fox , deer control or AOLQ, then no offence as been committed .
    And yes golf balls with a .22 , cricket balls are too big. They are about the same size as a squirrels head.

Sorry was posting at the same time,

Do you never fire a shot at a fox for fear of missing and hitting a stone the bullet might ricochet off? Iv seen the pics your on about and Gary would never shoot at anything without a massive backstop. If it offends you so maybe leave the FB page?

Leave the facebook page? Im not on facebook I was shown it by someone, I hadn't even mentioned what page it was on and not named anyone (unlike yourself).
    But if I was on there im sure I wouldnt leave it because people dont like being questioned

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by berniebear View Post
    Fair enough it may not break the rules of your ticket, and I know steel gongs can bounce one back but being flattened theres very little energy however a round hard ball hit on the top or side will throw a bullet god knows where, are people really saying golf balls make a good target?
    Really?

I think you need to think about that statement. Simple momentum physics tells you what the outcome will be - the golf ball moves. Also, if you didn't know they're made of rubber type substance, not hardened steel. In your world do water filled balloons have the same risk? Beware aiming at bouncy castles everyone, there's a ricochet hazard?
    Sorry - but no. A golf ball is shot and the skin breaks, accepting the bullet very nicely. You get a nice reaction too, so it is an excellently sized article for target practice and reaction. If you want to see a different reaction, chuck a golf ball in the air and shoot it with a 12G - and see what happens........ (in a safe area with no other rubber hazards nearby obviously.....)

And as for the statement regarding the gongs - I still wouldn't want to be hit by one.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........