Thread: SAA bans carriage of "hunting trophies"

SAA bans carriage of "hunting trophies"

South African Airways bans the transport of hunting trophies on all their carriers

Seems a little unclear, some articles implies it's only trophies of "endangered" species, others that it's any sort of specie.

Tigers ? Really! I stand to be corrected but tiger hunting has been banned worldwide for yonks.

I have some sympathy with the antipathy towards hunting of endangered species (hard hat on) - but it seems more than a bit hypocritical of them to allow hunters into their country, take loads of money from them in the process, then speak of them as dirt after they're done...........
    If hunting is such a bad thing then ban it.
    If you need/want the money generated around hunting then say "thank you" to the departing hunters rather than adopt this two-faced approach.
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Sounds like a fair point, except to say an airline has to worry about its reputation outside the country too.

Aye, I suppose, it's the airline not the saffas as a whole
    Airlines get enough grief just for existing without carrying dead cats adding to their woes
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work