Thread: Drone Pro or Archer

Drone Pro or Archer

Drone Pro or Archer

Has anyone owend both? And can tell me the thoughts between the too.

As I can't decide which way to go.

I've had a look through a archer, yes great, but to be honest every time I try and speak to them straight it seams they have huge chip on the shoulder when it comes to questions about it. And if I am about to spend nearly 2k here I want proper warrenty.

Drone pro never looked through. But has great reviews and the customer service seams fantastic.

But I real like the fact I can swap the archer between rifles no problem, as with the drone I'd have to get rails for all my rifles, then new mounts so I can change from day to night shooting.
    Last edited by beno; 30-04-2015 at 12:42.

Apples and Oranges chap, dedicated n add-on you need to decide which way you are going 1st.

The Archer is a different kettle of fish entirely from the Drone or ATN X-Sight. As has been said it's a true add on with all the advantages that system has.

I've used all three and the Archer is by far the best and after many years I wouldn't be without it. The other two are good and do the job depending on what that may be, but as an all rounder it would be the Archer for me every time.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by camo304 View Post
    Apples and Oranges chap, dedicated n add-on you need to decide which way you are going 1st.

As above,

Im going full dedicated so the archer would be no good for me, I have seen and looked through the archer and it's ok but not for me',,,,,,,,, saying that I find the drone is the mutts nutty for what need it for that being a full dedicated nv unit,

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Starlight probably get grumpy over the fact that people say the units are rubbish and were made in the ice age and the envis is better and this and that and the other.
    i haven't used a drone pro but by all accounts the feedback is good and they are light. So I don't think you will have any problems and his service is good as well.
    Personally I do not like the fixed mag. But that is me. It is probably more of a fit and forget unit.

the archer with the correct scope is a fantastic unit as testified by over 1,000 bunnies that I have shot over the last few years. For me the importance is being able to go from 3 mag to 12 mag. And fit from rifle to rifle. The archer will take a bit more time to get used to. There is an art to setting it up and it will take some use to get the best out of it but once you get there then you will be very happy.
    the warranty is good. I had 2 archers and didn't need to use it. I have just sold one recently as I am moving to a longbow. But the flexibility is great.

both units are good, but it is a preference thing. Apples vs oranges.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post

I've used all three and the Archer is by far the best
    Admittedly I have not owned an archer yet I have looked through a couple of them. I have owned a Gen 3 pinnacle PVS-14 which is miles better than the archer and also owned a Drone Pro. The Drone pro is miles better than any archer I have ever looked through!

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    Admittedly I have not owned an archer yet I have looked through a couple of them. I have owned a Gen 3 pinnacle PVS-14 which is miles better than the archer and also owned a Drone Pro. The Drone pro is miles better than any archer I have ever looked through!
    Well if I coud have bought a pvs with a warrenty for less than 1700 I would have certainly considered it at the time.
    your comments re the drone pro surprise me. I wouldn't have thought that. At the risk of sounding stupid were the batteries on the archer in good condition? I know that can make a difference, also some scopes do not work well with add ons. I could see out about 300 yards with mine.
    i must go and have a look through a drone pro to see what it's like.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have the drone pro. love it. Had a pvs14 loved that. Archer good but preferred the other 2.

I would also consider what your requirement for a spotter is. If you have a spotter already then the DP seems the one but if you have no spotter then the archer seems best