Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw trousers.

Chainsaw trousers.

I'm after a good pair of chainsaw trousers in size 34"R. Any WidTinks got advice?

What sort of use and what protection (front or all round) ?

loads for sale on evil bay.I got a bib & brace for 70 quid and they are great

Husky, SIP, Stihl any of the well known brands are good. Don't get all round protection, you sweat like a pig. Trousers with the pads on the front are good as are chaps. Proper boots, helmet are a must too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Husky, SIP, Stihl any of the well known brands are good. Don't get all round protection, you sweat like a pig. Trousers with the pads on the front are good as are chaps. Proper boots, helmet are a must too.

Hmmm dependent on skill level maybe ! If you know what you are doing go for front only protection, if a hobby chainsawist (?!?!) suggest using trousers with around protection. Gloves boots and helmet essential.

I take its not for you then for 34, I would say to get front protection and a size larger than what you need, the ball room factor is important. all round can be a bass and heavy on all day. EBAY is the way to go, also mind and get the boots to, lavaro is the ones I have and there great for every thing about the yard to, ATB Davie.

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    Hmmm dependent on skill level maybe ! If you know what you are doing go for front only protection, if a hobby chainsawist (?!?!) suggest using trousers with around protection. Gloves boots and helmet essential.
    All round protection on trousers is for arborists, they are at a much greater risk of getting cuts on the backs of their legs than somebody operating saw at ground level.

My Oregon trousers are good (just front protection). They were about £70 from my local chainsaw dealer. They don't make me too hot, and keep the forester happy.

I wear stihl hiflex, find them light and comfy to wear. You can get them in type A to (front). The aren't the cheapest though.
    as already stated, if your only using them for odd jobs, get a cheap pair, the orgeons are good.

Go to Action Lawn & Leisure and try some Stilhl ones on.