Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: European reloading supplies (especially 7x64)

European reloading supplies (especially 7x64)

Fed up with waiting for reloading supplies (mainly 7x64 Brenneke) to arrive in the UK and then the usual "it hasn't arrived in the shipment, but it's on back order" I started looking abroad for supplies. I found a company in Czech Republic, Strobl. CZ s.r.o. STROBL.CZ - Ammo reloading, shooting, hunting

They are main dealers for Lee Precision U.S.A., speak and write good English, carry stock in a variety of brands and were very helpful.

Payment was a little confusing at first but what you do is fill your basket, complete the order request, they then come back to you to confirm the order and that everything is in stock with their bank transfer details. This is how you pay, by bank transfer from your bank, not online. This was the only down side but a trip to town and it was done. The whole ordering, payment, shipment and receipt took two weeks to completion.

Certainly for 7x64 users this solved my problems and will definitely use them again. Whilst this was all going on I did eventually receive a Lee 3 die set from a UK supplier which took about 4 months, maybe more! Anyway now I've got a spare and three Case Length Guages in 7x64!

N.B. 7x64 Brenneke dies from Lee now come as 3 die set which includes full length sizing die, bullet seater and crimp die. Not the two die set that everyone still advertises, Lee no longer do the two die set.
    Last edited by The deer man; 02-05-2015 at 08:36.

Good find, I will look them up for my 7x64 reloading. There is another option to the bank transfer that is much simpler and cheaper! PM me your e-mail and I'll send you details.

Paul

Thanks for the heads up, very usefull.
    Is your spare set of dies for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Good find, I will look them up for my 7x64 reloading. There is another option to the bank transfer that is much simpler and cheaper! PM me your e-mail and I'll send you details.

Paul
    Could you please send me the same details?

Quote Originally Posted by levigsp View Post
    Could you please send me the same details?
    Send me your email via pm.

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    Fed up with waiting for reloading supplies (mainly 7x64 Brenneke) to arrive in the UK and then the usual "it hasn't arrived in the shipment, but it's on back order" I started looking abroad for supplies. I found a company in Czech Republic, Strobl. CZ s.r.o. STROBL.CZ - Ammo reloading, shooting, hunting

They are main dealers for Lee Precision U.S.A., speak and write good English, carry stock in a variety of brands and were very helpful.

Payment was a little confusing at first but what you do is fill your basket, complete the order request, they then come back to you to confirm the order and that everything is in stock with their bank transfer details. This is how you pay, by bank transfer from your bank, not online. This was the only down side but a trip to town and it was done. The whole ordering, payment, shipment and receipt took two weeks to completion.

Certainly for 7x64 users this solved my problems and will definitely use them again. Whilst this was all going on I did eventually receive a Lee 3 die set from a UK supplier which took about 4 months, maybe more! Anyway now I've got a spare and three Case Length Guages in 7x64!

N.B. 7x64 Brenneke dies from Lee now come as 3 die set which includes full length sizing die, bullet seater and crimp die. Not the two die set that everyone still advertises, Lee no longer do the two die set.

This is confusing, but Lee actually do both 2-die and 3-die sets for 7x64 - at different prices.

Pacesetter 2-Die Set - Lee Precision
    Pacesetter 3-Die Set - Lee Precision

Kranks carry the 2-die set as a stock item, and have a set in. 7x64 seems to suffer from local shortages, so I guess I've been lucky to get dies & cases when needed.

LEE 2 DIE SET 7X64 BRENNEKE [90771] - 28.50 : Henry Krank, Everything for shooters and collectors
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

SD Regular
    I work in France and would have been happy to help source dies for you in 7x64. Brass there is, of course, also abundant.

Cheers!

Anyone else notice that deer man and The deer man both use 7x64? I'll say this, as another 7x64 owner, I think they have great taste!

Have to get into this reloading lark...
    Last edited by scrumbag; 02-05-2015 at 13:06.
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

SD Regular
    Great taste is 280 Remington! Practicality and commonsense is 7x64! I have a 280 Remington but am hoping to purchase a 7x64 shortly. Then I will decide which to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Great taste is 280 Remington! Practicality and commonsense is 7x64! I have a 280 Remington but am hoping to purchase a 7x64 shortly. Then I will decide which to keep.
    Rebarrel the one you like least to 9.3x62 for the piggies?
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"