Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - need space saving ammunition holders

Help - need space saving ammunition holders

Guys, need some help please

Does anyone have any idea where I can get hold of some of those plastic sleeves factory ammunition comes in or have a space saving suggestion as
    I am flying out to South Africa in 9 days time and will be bringing back 200 rounds of 300 H&H ammunition but they are all loose!!

Anyone have any ideas?

Stephen

MTM do a slip-top, 20 round ammo box that's not much bigger than a factory box.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Easy way around it is buy an ammo box out there that is acceptable to the airline, and check the weight of the ammo the airline rules allow you to pack.
    Cheers
    Richard

Is this sort of thing any good if you are simply trying to save space? http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products...fle-r-100.html
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Is this sort of thing any good if you are simply trying to save space? http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products...fle-r-100.html
    That's the sort of thing I'd be thinking about. Size chart here: http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/common/2...-box-chart.pdf

Excellent, looks like that's just what I need.

Many thanks

Stephen

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenl View Post
    Excellent, looks like that's just what I need.

Many thanks

Stephen
    Good hunting out there - drop me a line when you get back - we should catch up...
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Will do Simon, got the export permits sorted so bring the 300 H&H back with me. Should be fun going through Dubai lol

I have a slight nagging thought that bullets have to be in their original - factory - boxes. Having said that, I have never been asked to open the ammo box, except at Bristol when I had bought some .416 bullets from Sportsmans in Dorset at what was the clay ground. The cops in Bristol had never seen or heard of such big bullets and wished to examine them for whatever reason. Next question, what weight is 200 rounds of 300 H&H? Under the permitted weight for ammo on a plane I presume? It's shotgun cartridges that can be a pain.
    Some random thoughts on a wet Scottish morning.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    I have a slight nagging thought that bullets have to be in their original - factory - boxes. Having said that, I have never been asked to open the ammo box, except at Bristol when I had bought some .416 bullets from Sportsmans in Dorset at what was the clay ground. The cops in Bristol had never seen or heard of such big bullets and wished to examine them for whatever reason. Next question, what weight is 200 rounds of 300 H&H? Under the permitted weight for ammo on a plane I presume? It's shotgun cartridges that can be a pain.
    Some random thoughts on a wet Scottish morning.
    Depends on the airline in relation to the packing.
    Weight could be a factor (usually 11lb) but it sounds like he has that covered as he didn't reply to my post.
    Cheers
    Richard
    Last edited by devon deer stalker; 03-05-2015 at 08:16.