Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why some deer stalkers are their own worst enemies!!!

Why some deer stalkers are their own worst enemies!!!

PICTURES! .... Pictures of dead deer on Facebook and other forums. Dead deer looking like they have been run-over! Dead deer with eyes hanging out and skulls split in half! Dead deer with hats on and cigarettes sticking out of their mouths! Etc. etc.

I'm appalled at the number of photos in circulation on forums and social media showing a total disrespect for the animals. Some of these images are actually disgraceful!

If hunters/stalkers MUST pose with pictures of their deer, then its not difficult for them to achieve photography that look like they actually cared! ... In the end it will be stuff like this that will help get deerstalking taken away from non-professionals!!

Don't say we didn't warn you!

Regards,

Mike.

I could not agree more
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I have noticed quite a few photos of headshot deer on the facebook stalking forum. Not wanting to get into the headshooting debate really other than wanting to say I've never seen a attractive photo of a headshot deer......

Mike i think that the uk is losing all tradition of deerstalking and respect for the sport , i have done it for 30 years and can see the changes in the sport/hobbie it is not going in a good direction..

regards chris

It's just giving ammo to the anti's.

I've never seen an attractive photo of a headshot anything, so why no issue when its a fox splatted across a field that's shown in a photo?

I happen to agree that any photos taken should be done so tastefully, but let's not get on the holier than thou trail just because its deer.

Perhaps the discussion should be about respecting wildlife we manage in general, not just deer...

I like the way that the continental hunters respect their hunted animals. Very tasteful.
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by Jelendeer View Post
    PICTURES! .... Pictures of dead deer on Facebook and other forums. Dead deer looking like they have been run-over! Dead deer with eyes hanging out and skulls split in half! Dead deer with hats on and cigarettes sticking out of their mouths! Etc. etc.

I'm appalled at the number of photos in circulation on forums and social media showing a total disrespect for the animals. Some of these images are actually disgraceful!

If hunters/stalkers MUST pose with pictures of their deer, then its not difficult for them to achieve photography that look like they actually cared! ... In the end it will be stuff like this that will help get deerstalking taken away from non-professionals!!

Don't say we didn't warn you!

Regards,

Mike.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Can't say I've noticed, didn't even know Facebook had a stalking forum, but then I'm only on Facebook once in a blue moon.

M

Your absolutely right, I do usually take a photo of what I shoot, sometimes with rifle or dog sat along side, very rare I would appear in the photo but most of all these are for my own game diary record and never posted on any social media sights. I don't even have a face book account
    Wingy