What to see in Grasmere?

FrenchieBoy

The wife and I are off for a day out to Grasmere on Wednesday. Even though the weather is not looking good we are determined to enjoy our day out together so can anyone suggest anything/anywhere of interest to visit or see while we are there please?
Weather permitting we are both more interested in the photographic side of things rather than just walking around the shops!

A stroll around grasmere is very pleasant and if you want a nice drive head over to Keswick. If you are more energetic pick a fell and climb it. I'm not a big one for shops but I always pick up some grasmere gingerbread from the pukka shop when I'm there

There's a good path along a terrace on the Western edge of Grasmere that takes you to Loughrigg Fell - it's a good summit for photography. Or go up Helm Crag and along the ridge. Or take the car to the top of Kirkstone Pass and walk from there

Hiya it's always worth taking a look in Cotswalds shop it's their outlet shop bazil

Enjoy, i was down around the lake district over 2 wks ago and stayed at High Tarn Green, best break i have had in a long while apart from America in Oct, Windermere, ambleside and as said keswick, lovely picturesque places to visit, hope you enjoy.

Back