Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niggeloh Ruck-Sling

Niggeloh Ruck-Sling

Hi guys, for those of you that have one, just how good are they? I have a relatively varmint rifle and while the weight is not an issue for me to carry I do get a bit frustrated at times having to "re-adjust" the rifle so it sits properly on my shoulder due to the poor balance. I was wondering if the Niggeloh would prevent it from trying to slip back down. While my rifle may be impractical I love it so wont be chopping it down but would be open to other suggestions regarding slings etc. Thanks for any input and opinions that you provide.

In my opinion the best place for one of these is on a rifle slip worn across the body; then they are very comfortable indeed. I would only use one on a rifle without mod & bipod as it's too uncomfortable otherwise.

They are at their best with side mounted attachment points ( I use flush cups) to prevent the rifle slopping from side to side

I had one used it for 10 mins and swapped it for a z aim pro stalker...the sling wont hold the rifle to your back and it will flop left to right...unlike the z aim that pulls the stock tight into your back...z aim 10/10 ...nig 1/10

I have 2 heavy rifles the z aim is on my .243 on my .223 that has a AICS , i have a tabgear biathlon sling...a fantastic sling for this chassis i feel no discomfort and can carry it all day .....and i have a bad back and dodgy shoulder ...
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 05-05-2015 at 07:19.
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

It sounds as if you've been trying to wear it as if it was a rucksack; it really doesn't work well like that for the reasons outlined above; it is far better worn across the body. If you need it quickly you just hit the quick-release & it's then just like a rifle on your shoulder with a normal sling. Still at it's best with a traditional, well-balanced rifle and not one with a moderator & bipod. I really only use mine on a naked rifle once the cover's up & I'm shooting with quadsticks in shirt sleeves. Then it's great at keeping the rifle well out of the way but yet very accessible. I wouldn't bother with them for the other nine months of the year.

Cheers guys keep it coming, is the Tabgear one the sling sold on March scopes website? I had looked at it if so but would need a good review etc before spending that amount of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    In my opinion the best place for one of these is on a rifle slip worn across the body; then they are very comfortable indeed. I would only use one on a rifle without mod & bipod as it's too uncomfortable otherwise.
    eh?? How does that work then?? Isn't that like wearing a lop sided rucksack? Any chance of a picture of how you carry it

Would it help if you repositioned your stud swivel (if you use one) to a similar position to the GRS stock pictured below.

I did this on my laminate stock, on the opposite side of my bolt handle to prevent it from digging in my back. Works for me.

The rear stud is already located on the side, the forward one is holding the bipod one, it's the barrel that's the issue, 27.5" and is 3/4" at its narrowest point ��. I might just have to bite the bullet and look into the Tabgear sling as mentioned.

Email April at tabgear mate..fantastic sling and made for a rifle moutned side on..i have the hk clips for the aics but you can get flush cups...go for the simple biathlon....orderd my one direct from tabgear usa and saved a good bit ...very comfortable and very secure...check you tube too....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rps20150412_225326.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	56216
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    The rear stud is already located on the side, the forward one is holding the bipod one, it's the barrel that's the issue, 27.5" and is 3/4" at its narrowest point ��. I might just have to bite the bullet and look into the Tabgear sling as mentioned.
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 05-05-2015 at 18:28.
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....