Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They Don't Mess Around in NZ

They Don't Mess Around in NZ

Watched this a couple of times....!! .223 in the noggin.
    If he would slow down in the second clip lol
    I think the art keeping a very sharp knife is what I learnt from it....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

He looks like that was his first time

not sure the other cows needed to see that but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post

same here

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    What did the cows actually see?

A simple explanation is that animals see the world very very differently to humans ( i can do a really looooong explanation too). IMO those cows were inquisitive as to why "ole mate" happened to lay down, but at no time expressed fear or terror. A good display of stockman ship IMO.

Sharkey
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    What did the cows actually see?

A simple explanation is that animals see the world very very differently to humans ( i can do a really looooong explanation too). IMO those cows were inquisitive as to why "ole mate" happened to lay down, but at no time expressed fear or terror. A good display of stockman ship IMO.

Sharkey
    It's called anthropomorphism.. Walt Disney has a lot to answer for...

As humans, we project our thought processes onto all other living creatures... Only humans think like humans... that's why we evolved and developed the way we did.. that and opposing thumbs! Yes, animals experience fear, anxiety, even emotional attachment but not in the same way humans do.. If we were to endow those other cows with some kind of knowledge and emotion at the sight of their herd mate being shot then we must also endow the cows with the knowledge of firearms, what happens when one is shot with a firearm, and the knowledge and understanding of death... none of which cows possess...

As sharkey has said, the only things the other cows are displaying is a bit of inquisitiveness as to why their mate is laying down... they may have got a bit of a fright from the bang of the gun but that's about it!

This was my job when i stayed on a sheep station near tolaga bay, and yes sharp knifes are a must.
    the other animals normally just moved away or had a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by iainsuth View Post
    This was my job when i stayed on a sheep station near tolaga bay, and yes sharp knifes are a must.
    the other animals normally just moved away or had a sniff.
    Tolaga bay! probably one of the few places in the world where the whole population of the town could fit on the pier... and bring their cars as well ! (totally not adding to the conversation in any useful way )
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

It's very many years since I worked in a slaughterhouse, but that guy in the second vid is without doubt the best I've ever seen. A true professional.

Wish we had that guy on our moose hunt.....
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here