Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 4s problem?

Iphone 4s problem?

Having given up with my bean tins and string i bought a used iphone4s in perfect condition. I recieved an email from Apple asking to download an upgrade i think it was IOS 8 (not sure) but since downloading it my phone is now very slow and loses the 3G connection.
    How can i restore my phone back to its old speed?
    thanks in advance.

Make sure you havent got a number of apps running in the background as that can really slow it down and reduce battery life

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    How can i restore my phone back to its old speed?
    thanks in advance.
    Hammer!!! I have the same phone and I'm now in a position to upgrade to your can and string set up!!!!

Too late now but you shouldn't have done that latest update, lots of people I know are now having problems. I've not done the last update as I was warned not to.
    If I was suspicious I'd say apple wanted everyone to buy the newer phones
    Wingy

Double tap the home button then swipe off the apps as already mentioned .swipe up from the bottom of the phone and enable airplane mode off and on again .turn the phone off now and again .short of that whack it with a hammer and claim on the insurance
    norma

Surprisingly - switching it on and off again frequently clears all sorts of problems
    ED

Quote Originally Posted by Edchef View Post
    Surprisingly - switching it on and off again frequently clears all sorts of problems
    ED
    Particularly no signal, when you usually have plenty.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I'm not the only one suffering this corporate blackmailing then? Some good tips guys the best of which was leaving phone on Airplane mode for a few hours which speedied things up a fair bit. I have noticed that the phone signal has to be much stronger now than the older iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I have noticed that the phone signal has to be much stronger now than the older iOS.
    Have you noticed whether the actual reception is any worse in a known area than it was before?

I seem to remember reading that one of the iOS updates improved the accuracy of the reported signal strength. I.e. the bars displayed were a more accurate reflection of the actual signal.

Alan