Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablet computer for the Mrs. Not stalking related. Help.

Tablet computer for the Mrs. Not stalking related. Help.

my missus has discovered the joy of face ache, you tube and email.
    i am looking for recommendations for a 10" tablet to connect to the web for her.
    she doesn't need a million apps as you will never use them. It is just all the above and by the time she discovers something else it will be so old I will have to get her a new one.
    Cant afford an iPad. Looking max 150. Any recommendations?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

samsung 10" GT-P5110 got it off ebay and local, er-that-must-be-obeyed luvs hers and fills all your requirements
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

SD Regular
    Ijtdirect quite often have some on end of line at very good prices - worth a look.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Whichever you choose make sure it runs this app - it allows air strikes to be called in from a tablet.

Error

SD Regular
    I've an Android based tablet and a Windows based tablet. If I want to download Skype on Windows I simply download it. Like on a PC. On the Android I have to contend with App Store nonsense. I'd never by an Android tablet again. It was a mistake I won't repeat.

The Android is the Co Op Lenovo. The Windows is Tesco finest. Both were about 80.00. Both are 7" screens. The other huge advantage of the Windows is the extra button, on the side, that allows me to select the home screen quickly. To access email, items stored on the tablet, etc..

Oh. And make sure it has both front AND rear facing ability to take pictures. Front for Skype so you can see yourself on screen..or selfies...rear for when out and about taking images of places of interest.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 06-05-2015 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    Whichever you choose make sure it runs this app - it allows air strikes to be called in from a tablet.

Error
    Error Sorry, see if this link works. US Marines and Air Force have a tablet app for air strikes. Near as I can figure, it is Google Earth, but instead of dropping a pin, you can drop a bomb.

Don't feck about.....get an iPad.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Don't feck about.....get an iPad.
    +1 - the iPad is so simple to use.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    +1 - the iPad is so simple to use.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    my missus has discovered the joy of face ache, you tube and email.
    i am looking for recommendations for a 10" tablet to connect to the web for her.
    she doesn't need a million apps as you will never use them. It is just all the above and by the time she discovers something else it will be so old I will have to get her a new one.
    Cant afford an iPad. Looking max 150. Any recommendations?
    Second hand iPad?

My 92 year old mother announced that she wanted to get on the internet for email when she was 89, so I bought her an iPad.

Sadly the number of her silver surfer email correspondents have decreased over the last three years but she still uses it and loves BBC iPlayer….

There is an excellent "how to use an iPad" picture book available, which she uses for reference. I will double check and post the title.

Your wife may not need any of the apps available, but you may find them handy. I put the Hornady reloading manual and various free ballistic apps on my mum's!

Alan