Thread: .260 Rem. C.O.A.L.

.260 Rem. C.O.A.L.

Can any member tell me the cartridge overall length (case head to tip of bullet) that Sierra recommend for the 120 grain Prohunter soft point in the .260 Remington ?

I have several manuals but my Sierra CD has corrupted so have not been able to establish their particular recipe.

Picking up my (re-barrelled and cerakoted) .260 Sako 75 from James (Jager SA) tomorrow evening, so looking forward to working up a sound stalking load for it.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

The Sierra Manual (13th Edition) that I have says 2.720 inches for 120 gr Spitz-SP. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    The Sierra Manual (13th Edition) that I have says 2.720 inches for 120 gr Spitz-SP. Regards JCS
    Thanks JCS, I was hoping that you would be along.

Any joy getting the rifle picked up?Happy with it?
    1. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
    2. Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrc View Post
    Any joy getting the rifle picked up?Happy with it?
    I picked the rifle up from James on Friday 8th May. I have not had the chance to shoot it yet.
    I loaded some working-up rounds yesterday evening and am now waiting for the wind to drop, so that I can put them across the chrono and see how they shoot. Hopefully tomorrow.
    All looks very good and the Cerakote finish is excellent as is the muzzle thread and protective cap. So yes I am very pleased with it so far.