Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teckelxcollie

Teckelxcollie

Afternoon. A friend of mine had an accident with there pedigree teckel and one of his working collies ! Resulting in a litter of crosses !
    However I believe they could become great deer dogs ! But who knows ?
    Has anyone on here ever come across this mix or have any opinions ?
    Cheers
    tom

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Never heard of that mix.
    Let me see?
    It could find the deer (teckel), round them up for you (collie)and bring them in nice an close, OR
    it could empty the county of deer (teckel), finally come home and nip you on the back of the leg (collie) to get you going, OR
    it'll look outside when it's pi$$ing it down with rain, then at you, then go lie on the sofa like my lazy ba$tard teckel does then only go ballistic as soon as he sees the postman, like most collies do.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Not only will they find deer they will round them up for you

Are they born yet?
    Just wondering on the leg length!

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Might have 3x of one and 1x of the other. Bit like a wonky table.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

If he cares anything of his pedigree credentials... he should have had the vet terminate the pregnancy / litter.

Do not give them away..... it will come back to bite him so to speak....

Breeders spend years preserving and maintaining the their breed standard. Accidental matings like this should be terminated.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnydriver View Post
    If he cares anything of his pedigree credentials... he should have had the vet terminate the pregnancy / litter.

Do not give them away..... it will come back to bite him so to speak....

Breeders spend years preserving and maintaining the their breed standard. Accidental matings like this should be terminated.

David.
    Why penalise the dog through suffering because of a human mistake........
    Wouldn't do that to humans......

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Might have 3x of one and 1x of the other. Bit like a wonky table.
    Now that funny.

Dont penalise the dog at all ,not the dogs fault ,,,, what are they going to be called,cockles or tellies!!
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Why penalise the dog through suffering because of a human mistake........
    Wouldn't do that to humans......
    You are not penalising the dog....you are preventing an unwanted litter and further down the line some other person ( idiot ) breeding from this accident.
    In answer to the other part of your reply ...... We do do it to humans..... The morning after pill and abortion... but thats another topic not for discussion here.

David