Thread: Stange Question to all Sako 85 owners

Thumbs up Stange Question to all Sako 85 owners

After much thought about a new .243 rifle I have decided on a sako 85.

However, I have quite a strange question to ask...
    I have recently come over from a GRS stock on a tikka t3 action so I am very particular about eye height and alignment in relation to the scope . i.e I like my rifles to fit.

Could a sako 85 owner please measure the horizontal height between the top of the comb on the stock and the top of the receiver?

Cheers Lads

It's a bit difficult for me to measure as the scope bases cover the receiver.... But it looks like approx 40mm on my .308 LH sako 85

I have a comb raiser on my 85, a canvas job that cost 15 and can be adjusted by foam inserts. All of my rifles need/have needed one. I find custom stocks too heavy.
    ATB
    Nick

I use a beartooth comb raiser, I need it to get behind my 56 obj scope properly Beartooth Comb Raising Kit Black - Avalon Guns Ltd Also handy to stick a lens cloth in as well

It seems to be a trait with most factory rifles for some reason but you'll almost certainly find the 85 is no different... the comb will be a bit lower than idea for most scopes on most bases.

Sako 85 Stainless/Synthetic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2822.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	496.2 KB 
ID:	56258

edit: sorry just noticed I didn't put the rule on the top of the raised part of the comb but you get the picture!
    Last edited by csl; 06-05-2015 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    I use a beartooth comb raiser, I need it to get behind my 56 obj scope properly Beartooth Comb Raising Kit Black - Avalon Guns Ltd Also handy to stick a lens cloth in as well
    I've got one of those too. Excellent thing. It's presently on a Sako 75 with a 50mm S&B scope.

-JMS

If you like the grs sticks get one for the 85 I know a gunsmith that has done quite a few