atn x-sight 3-12

rangey

just wondering if anyone with a xsight has managed to register their sight on the atn website.all it seems to do is spend hours saying downloading.also doesn't download the latest firmware on the site either.im trying to download the latest firmware.266.anyone know of anywhere else to download it from.

just wondering if anyone with a xsight has managed to register their sight on the atn website.all it seems to do is spend hours saying downloading.also doesn't download the latest firmware on the site either.im trying to download the latest firmware.266.anyone know of anywhere else to download it from.

I got it no problem.

PM me an email address and I'll sort something out for you.

how are you getting on with these sights, are they worth there money?

i am very pleased with mine (the 5-18 version). I don't think that there is anything that comes close for the money. They're not perfect, but the fact they are upgrading the software bodes well. They take a little getting used to because day optics on a screen is a bit odd - the auto brightness at night also needs to be learned to work with - but I am happy to use it day and night at decent centre fire ranges.

do you know what the 3-12 is like, can i be rude and ask how much more the 5-18 is as scott country only have 3-12 in stock? i was thinking about taking my schmidt off my .243 and put one of these on for foxing at night, and deer during the day.

I use the 3-12 on my howa 223 and am happy with it so far.it does the job on foxs for me at night.all depends what you want.ive shot fox out to 150yds at night and rabbits at over 200yds during the day.dedicated nite vision its not but for a scope to cover day and night its a good bit of kit imo.

Hi all,

£649 for the 3-12x and £779 for the 5-18x

The larger mag model is currently "on the water" on the way from the factory to us.

We are at The Yorkshire Game Fair this weekend if you want to come and try one.

Check out this video on X Sight by an independent user

Regards

Paul

I use the 3-12 on my howa 223 and am happy with it so far.it does the job on foxs for me at night.all depends what you want.ive shot fox out to 150yds at night and rabbits at over 200yds during the day.dedicated nite vision its not but for a scope to cover day and night its a good bit of kit imo.

Can you focus this model manually rangey, have you changed the ir or have you got the original on. Cheers Matt

hi shadrach...yes you focus it from the front of the scope.it doesn't need much to get it in focus,but I do need to tweek mine from day to nite..the ir is the key to getting the most out of it.dont bother with the ir that comes with it.waste of time.started of with a t20 which was a big improvement but then tried a t50 which also was a big improvement.next step for me will be a nm800 but I would like to see if the improvement is worth the expense first.already had a t20 and 50 so was always gona try them first.,hope this helps....andy

Check out the new Laserluchs IR5000 which has just arrived into stock before choosing your next IR, they are remarkable build quality, typical german engineering and very powerful.

Side by side test here (independent i may add) against the market leader

Hi all they seem a good bit of kit but looking on the evilbay tonight you can import them for a few £100 pound cheaper from the states with no problem by all acounts any one done it yet

ATB

Paul D

Lets be honest any commercial digital night vision is better than an x-sight, from the cheaper photon to a home build they all offer more performance for less money.

Let's be honest - X-Sight is a commercial digital night vision with the same sort of specification - and a host of other benefits, not least the first decent zoom range. What's your point?

Let's be honest - X-Sight is a commercial digital night vision with the same sort of specification - and a host of other benefits, not least the first decent zoom range. What's your point?

Eric £640 for a 3x optical mag or £780 for a 5x optical mag x sight, digital zoom is poor, image is laggy, features are pointless, side mount is crap.

For £400 - £420 you can have a 4.2x or 6.5x optical photon that mounts and sits better , and is a better night vision device. For £150 you can have a home build night vision with e700 camera and screen that will out perform it totally, or for versatility an add on like an nt300 or ward 700, which is better than it. Like I said out of every digital night vision device the x sight offers the worst image , especially since others are better and cost less.

Actually I rescind my previous statement. X-Sight is not commercial digital night vision. It is a digital day sight with night capability - so as has been said before there is a compromise there, but it's a pretty good compromise. I do not think it should be compared to dedicated night vision - because it is not that.

Your review has elements of truth to it - but each of those items you mention has their own compromises - from small magnification and ease of picture white out/contrast, through no digital magnification at all, to compromises on head position and face light up. Each person needs to make their own mind up as to which of the compromises they wish to make in getting access to NV - and this is true across the price range. You and I clearly have different criteria for our shooting that give us different opinions on what is best fit for our purposes. We should not cloud our minds or bias the opinions we give others because of our own preferences. When making price comparisons to add-ons, one must accept that the price of an optical day scope also needs to be built in to compare like for like capability. As it happens I am completely with you in terms of believing an add on is the best compromise for a non-dedicated NV rifle. The X-Sight is however an interesting proposition and worth consideration for those in the market at that price bracket. Like every one of these devices it needs some time to get used to it and get the best from it.

every one will have their own opinions on every sight on the market,but it all depends on what you want out of your sight.i wanted a sight that i could shoot during the day then carry on into the night without having to change scopes and the xsight fits that bill for me.great for day and dusk shooting in day mode and certainly good enough for my night shooting with a decent ir.all my night shooting is done at 150yds or less,dont see a need to shoot further at night,most of my foxs are shot at less than 100yds.ive used a photon with a doubler which probably was a better night scope but rubbish in daylight,used a add on with monitor but hated looking at a screen and to much going on to just sling over your shoulder and have a walk round.lots off stuff on the xsight i will probably never use but also some very usefull stuff on it...1 shot zero,digital zoom,touch button videoing.

Back