Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Black Buck with the BSA...........

A Black Buck with the BSA...........

I thought there would be the chance of a shot after last nights showers passed over,
    After 20 mins I spotted moment on the edge of the wood out around 50 yards from my chosen spot.
    I slowly levelled the rifle over the edge of a fallen bale, pushed the safety forward on my 50 year old BSA and off went the round.....

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscezybbxe.jpg

I guess he has made loads of young as two more of his colour came flat out of the wheat... :-)

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

That pelt would be useful for tying fishing flies.
    I remember meeting a man rabbiting with a harris hawk once on the west coast of Scotland. His hawk had just caught a black rabbit and he asked us to take it away (live) and release it up the road because he considered killing the black ones to be bad luck. We had to tuck this rabbit under a jacket so that the hawk didn't see and carry on towards the pub with it. It was a strange start to an evening and next morning we all wondered whether it had happened at all. However, if I was to see a black rabbit whilst out with my HMR I'd take it without hesitation, but please let us know if your luck changes, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Feugh View Post
    That pelt would be useful for tying fishing flies.
    I remember meeting a man rabbiting with a harris hawk once on the west coast of Scotland. His hawk had just caught a black rabbit and he asked us to take it away (live) and release it up the road because he considered killing the black ones to be bad luck. We had to tuck this rabbit under a jacket so that the hawk didn't see and carry on towards the pub with it. It was a strange start to an evening and next morning we all wondered whether it had happened at all. However, if I was to see a black rabbit whilst out with my HMR I'd take it without hesitation, but please let us know if your luck changes, Tim.

Lol, I shot two of his mates a little later no change on the luck of the rabbits

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 07-05-2015 at 13:18. Reason: spelling

So thats why i never have any luck,!!bloody black bunnies,
    DONT START

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004_zpsc8bb5273.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	56289

I was really expecting to see these. Any in the UK?

Sharkey
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004_zpsc8bb5273.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	56289

I was really expecting to see these. Any in the UK?

Sharkey
    There are some at London zoo....

Tim.243

Back in another life when i worked in farming I had to take the full milk churns to another farm for collection. The collection point was near a railway enbankment and there were many a black rabbit there and a few ginger ones. In all my years of shooting never seen one to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Back in another life when i worked in farming I had to take the full milk churns to another farm for collection. The collection point was near a railway enbankment and there were many a black rabbit there and a few ginger ones. In all my years of shooting never seen one to shoot.
    My ferreting friend has a collection of skins black. blue and a ginger one...

There was a black one that got out the net twice, it never got out a third time!!
    My other mate Carl often refers back to the story of me smashing through a hedge to get to it....just grabbed it in time....had a sore shoulder for 2 days afterwards lol

Tim.243

When I lived in Yorkshire as a teenager we used to regularly see unusual bunnies around the Bolton Abbey estate. Black were quite common and the odd ginger one too.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog