My reply from the Greens

Selous

I thought I would contact them a week or so ago to ask about the future of fieldsports if they are elected

this is the reply that I received last night. It was as black and white as I was expecting. Needless to say I voted elsewhere!

Our policies do not deal with fieldsports in particular (by which I believe
you are referring to shooting birds and fishing?). However, the Green Party
is fundamentally opposed to all blood-sports. We oppose the killing of, or
infliction of pain or suffering upon, animals in the name of sport or
leisure, and will work to end all such practices. We recognise that the
protection of natural habitats is an important issue, especially in our
constituency, home to some of the most beautiful areas in the country.
However, this habitat can be preserved without killing animals for leisure.

I hope this has answered your question, if you would like to read more about
Green Party policies on Animal Rights, take a look at our manifesto or visit
The Green Party | Animal Rights

Regards,

Phil Chandler
Green Party Parliamentary Candidate
Morecambe and Lunesdale

I find it amusing when people (admittedly only just in the case) accept that some species may need management, but refuse to accept that anyone can be allowed to enjoy the task.

I read one of their firearms policies was that all your weapons had to be kept in your local police station and signed in and out everytime you wanted to use it!! Mentalists

The Greens are a long way off being in a position to cause concern, BUT, look over your shoulder the SNP are about to take up the anti cause. Oh you might say, they are over the border and they can do what they want the other side of Hadrian's Wall, but the Scots have until now provided sports greatest venues whether you fish or shoot. All that may come to an end under the SNP. Will they find support ? you bet they will Greens, Liberals oh and quite a few more. Will that affect us south of the Wall, well yes eventually it undoubtedly will.
YOUR VOTE IS VERY IMPORTANT - Just looked at my watch, half an hour too late!!!!

I thought I would contact them a week or so ago to ask about the future of fieldsports if they are elected

this is the reply that I received last night. It was as black and white as I was expecting. Needless to say I voted elsewhere!

Our policies do not deal with fieldsports in particular (by which I believe
you are referring to shooting birds and fishing?). However, the Green Party
is fundamentally opposed to all blood-sports. We oppose the killing of, or
infliction of pain or suffering upon, animals in the name of sport or
leisure, and will work to end all such practices. We recognise that the
protection of natural habitats is an important issue, especially in our
constituency, home to some of the most beautiful areas in the country.
However, this habitat can be preserved without killing animals for leisure.

I hope this has answered your question, if you would like to read more about
Green Party policies on Animal Rights, take a look at our manifesto or visit
The Green Party | Animal Rights

Regards,

Phil Chandler
Green Party Parliamentary Candidate
Morecambe and Lunesdale

A utopian view. If you folks had compulsory voting this party would be given great advantage.

Sharkey

At least they had the decency to reply, I've yet to get a reply from my labour candidate in over two months

I would agree, they are completely removed from reality, however, it was a straight answer, for that, some respect is due!

The Greens are a long way off being in a position to cause concern, BUT, look over your shoulder the SNP are about to take up the anti cause. Oh you might say, they are over the border and they can do what they want the other side of Hadrian's Wall, but the Scots have until now provided sports greatest venues whether you fish or shoot. All that may come to an end under the SNP. Will they find support ? you bet they will Greens, Liberals oh and quite a few more. Will that affect us south of the Wall, well yes eventually it undoubtedly will.
YOUR VOTE IS VERY IMPORTANT - Just looked at my watch, half an hour too late!!!!

I don't think the snp have come up against the moneyed folk yet, those that have a lot of clout in Westminster and such places.
There could certainly be a lot of skeletons coming out of cupboards in the future, may even be the odd unexplained accident.

Looks like plenty of work on the horizon for the shrinks, quite few out there voting green, maybe there are no stalkers /shooters /fishers/Falconers in the green seat areas?

Back