Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt Bender Zero/Turret Query

Schmidt Bender Zero/Turret Query

Hi all,

was hoping someone out there could help me out with a query, I've got a set of second hand schmidt and bender 8x56 scopes that Im going to try out this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew much about the following:

1. on the windage turret there is a small screw labeled L-M-R, covered by flexible plastic, can you tell me how this effects the zero point/the main windage, is is simply a more refined adjustment?

2. As its covered with plastic how would I adjust this? I dont want to remove the film incase its some waterproofing function.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a really obvious one, i've a feeling it is!

S

Quote Originally Posted by thomps11 View Post
    Hi all,

was hoping someone out there could help me out with a query, I've got a set of second hand schmidt and bender 8x56 scopes that Im going to try out this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew much about the following:

1. on the windage turret there is a small screw labeled L-M-R, covered by flexible plastic, can you tell me how this effects the zero point/the main windage, is is simply a more refined adjustment?

It does not affect zero. This is the dial to indicate were you are on the movement range for that turret.

2. As its covered with plastic how would I adjust this? I dont want to remove the film incase its some waterproofing function.

Don't touch it at all.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a really obvious one, i've a feeling it is!

S
    Please, don't mess with that little dial, see above.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Hi. There's no other adjustment except to turn the knob with your fingers. The LMR is just a dial that shows you how far into the adjustment of the scope you are. Hope that is clear(ish).

...PS Brian got in there first

While we're at it!
    Is H for Up and T for Down?
    I also think S+B's are cm clicks but not sure.
    I always forget both of these and end up shooting all over the target everytime I touch the turrets

Mick

Mick, H is Hoch or up or whatever. T is for something german that means "down".

Clicks are 1cm at 100m.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Brian/Mick,

Thanks alot for all your very speedy advice, thats really cleared up the issue for me.
    Off to scotland on the weekend after Roe so will get these zeroed up and with a bit of luck be looking down them at a big buck!

Thanks again guys,

Steve

Easiest way to keep the 'up-down' letters in order is to think of Corporal Jones's immortal line - "Handee hock! Handee hock!".

H is definitely hup!
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

hi mick h is up and t is for teiffer which means down in german also l is links or left and r is recht or right in german
    atb tom

"h" also stands for " high " the other way being " low " of course. Thats how I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    hi mick h is up and t is for teiffer which means down in german also l is links or left and r is recht or right in german
    atb tom
    Just being anal, but the word for low in German is tief