Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Yesterday.

  1. #1

    Yesterday.

    Yesterday most Britons went to the polls......... I thought it was always the other way round?

  2. #2
    Ooh!! Topical!!

  3. #3
    Salmond shall never vanquish'd be until Great Birnam Wood to High Dunsinane Hill shall come against her.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Yesterday most Britons went to the polls......... I thought it was always the other way round?
    What i meant was that the Poles traditionally have went to Britain?

  5. #5
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    What i meant was that the Poles traditionally have went to Britain?
    No such place as Britain any more.

  6. #6
    Fed up hearing bout poles coming here stealing "our" jobs ....
    The Eastern Europeans I've met here have been hard working , good hands & willing to get on with it ....
    Half the younger generation here chip on shoulder , no qualifications & want a job well out of their reach ..
    Not notice that the jobs a lot of the "poles" do are jobs that our lot think are beneath them. .
    Berry picking , fish processing plants etc etc

    We could learn a bit from them!

    Paul

  7. #7

  8. #8
    I got the joke about the Poles coming to us instead of the other way round as in Red-Dot's post and it was taken as a joke.
    As for Poles coming over and taking 'our jobs' how come we live, most times, within minutes of a job vacancy but don't take it before the Poles come over here as it takes some of them days to arrive, giving our people plenty of time to have taken it before they arrive ?
    The initial intake of Poles, that I met, were quite well educated and had some serious qualifications not like most/some of our younger generation with 'Pop Star' qualifications sometime known as 'Mickey Mouse' qualifications and half of them only stayed in further education to enable their parents to claim child benefit for that bit longer.
    I live in a rural area and half/most of the youngsters are running around with their trouser/crutch almost down to their knees, hats on back to front and speak/mutter a cross between Cockney and Jamaican and that includes the girls too.
    Last edited by EMcC; 09-05-2015 at 08:52.

  9. #9
    Yup ...
    Bang on the money

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    Fed up hearing bout poles coming here stealing "our" jobs ....
    The Eastern Europeans I've met here have been hard working , good hands & willing to get on with it ....
    Half the younger generation here chip on shoulder , no qualifications & want a job well out of their reach ..
    Not notice that the jobs a lot of the "poles" do are jobs that our lot think are beneath them. .
    Berry picking , fish processing plants etc etc

    We could learn a bit from them!

    Paul
    I am in total agreement with this post, however I did get Red Dots joke it might not be 100% PC but then I have never been PC as I am sure those who know me will affirm.

Similar Threads

  1. One I took yesterday
    By Lakey in forum Photos
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-12-2013, 14:34
  2. Yesterday .......
    By Uncle Buck in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-11-2012, 20:01
  3. Yesterday
    By Geordie_3 in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 12:49
  4. Yesterday while I was looking
    By JAYB in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 17-09-2010, 15:14
  5. New yesterday
    By Kiwikeeper in forum Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30-11-2009, 16:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •