Yesterday.

RED-DOT

Yesterday most Britons went to the polls......... I thought it was always the other way round?

Fed up hearing bout poles coming here stealing "our" jobs ....
The Eastern Europeans I've met here have been hard working , good hands & willing to get on with it ....
Half the younger generation here chip on shoulder , no qualifications & want a job well out of their reach ..
Not notice that the jobs a lot of the "poles" do are jobs that our lot think are beneath them. .
Berry picking , fish processing plants etc etc

We could learn a bit from them!

Paul

10502148_10203350177573010_538651564728593388_n.jpg

I got the joke about the Poles coming to us instead of the other way round as in Red-Dot's post and it was taken as a joke.
As for Poles coming over and taking 'our jobs' how come we live, most times, within minutes of a job vacancy but don't take it before the Poles come over here as it takes some of them days to arrive, giving our people plenty of time to have taken it before they arrive ?
The initial intake of Poles, that I met, were quite well educated and had some serious qualifications not like most/some of our younger generation with 'Pop Star' qualifications sometime known as 'Mickey Mouse' qualifications and half of them only stayed in further education to enable their parents to claim child benefit for that bit longer.
I live in a rural area and half/most of the youngsters are running around with their trouser/crutch almost down to their knees, hats on back to front and speak/mutter a cross between Cockney and Jamaican and that includes the girls too.

Last edited:
Fed up hearing bout poles coming here stealing "our" jobs ....
The Eastern Europeans I've met here have been hard working , good hands & willing to get on with it ....
Half the younger generation here chip on shoulder , no qualifications & want a job well out of their reach ..
Not notice that the jobs a lot of the "poles" do are jobs that our lot think are beneath them. .
Berry picking , fish processing plants etc etc

We could learn a bit from them!

Paul

I am in total agreement with this post, however I did get Red Dots joke it might not be 100% PC but then I have never been PC as I am sure those who know me will affirm.

I got the joke .... Doesn't bother me I like a joke ... Just chance to vent off ... Got a fishing pal who Estonian & been here 20yrs

My mate owns a factory and it was just ticking over, the workforce did not have a dedicated work ethic as they were not replaceable. Trying to get new employees was time consuming and largely ineffective as when he approached the job centre those they sent, at interview many said they didn't want a job and had only attended as the social sent them. It was very frustrating. Then two guys walked in and asked for work. They were Polish graduates. My mate said you guys don't want to work for me the jobs very basic and pays minimum wage. They said they would be happy on that. They could live, send mum some money home and repay their uni fees to the government. If they stayed for three years they could buy a home back in Poland also.
So they were hired and turned up every day, didn't go sick and worked hard. This geed up the existing workers and production rose. After three years these two went home and sent two new guys out and so its rolled on. Productions up, wages are up profits are up. My mate thinks its the best thing to hit his business.

Now that Tom, is what most of them, that I have met, are like.
I'm not sure about them being able to buy a house now as since joining the EU things have got very expensive back in Poland.

EMcC;965017 I live in a rural area and half/most of the youngsters are running around with their trouser/crutch almost down to their knees said:
Eddie,
That's no way to speak about young Alex :lol::lol:

Incoming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D

My mate owns a factory and it was just ticking over, the workforce did not have a dedicated work ethic as they were not replaceable. Trying to get new employees was time consuming and largely ineffective as when he approached the job centre those they sent, at interview many said they didn't want a job and had only attended as the social sent them. It was very frustrating. Then two guys walked in and asked for work. They were Polish graduates. My mate said you guys don't want to work for me the jobs very basic and pays minimum wage. They said they would be happy on that. They could live, send mum some money home and repay their uni fees to the government. If they stayed for three years they could buy a home back in Poland also.
So they were hired and turned up every day, didn't go sick and worked hard. This geed up the existing workers and production rose. After three years these two went home and sent two new guys out and so its rolled on. Productions up, wages are up profits are up. My mate thinks its the best thing to hit his business.
We had a polish lady come to the school I work knock on the door and ask for a job as a dinner lady ,she had a on the spot interview and was hired after a crb check .she is the nicest kindest considerate lady you could meet and a credit to her country always cheerful and the kids love her as do her colleagues .
norma

Eddie, That's no way to speak about young Alex :lol::lol: Incoming>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D

Any similarity or likeness to my above post is purely coincidental :D
Oh, Just realised most people I have met from this site wear their hats on back to front but then that is so that the peak doesn't interfere with their scopes/binoculars.
The ones I referred to couldn't afford an eye glass let alone a decent pair of bins/scope, mind you it does seem to make their cars much noisier and go faster so long as it's in a 30mph zone ;)

My brother has just turned the EU open borders on its head and bought a house near Warsaw, £60k, 5bedroom,underfloor heating, double garage, an acre or 2 of garden and for an extra 10k he can have the interior finished to his own specifications. Just waiting for him to get his feet under the table with the local hunters and I'm going over. Takes as long for him to fly back to the rigs from there as it does from Liverpool.

Back