Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seller & Belliot Bullets - How Good?

Seller & Belliot Bullets - How Good?

As per the title - How good are S&B bullets? (projectiles - not loaded rounds). What is their reputation for accuracy & reliability of expansion?
    Particularly interested in the 9.3mm soft point offerings - I have a mate who has a 9.3x62 & wants to reload for it.
    Bullets for 9.3 are like hens teeth here in UK so he is thinking about buying some S&B from Strobl as they do the "lightweight" offerings from S&B at a very good price.

Ian

I previously purchased 9.3mm bullets off Westlander the importers and they were very accurate in my rifle.
    I also bought some 8mm S&B bullets from Westlander at Bisley last year, they certainly look O.K. but I haven't been able to use them as I was given .318" by mistake instead of .322", I will be able to exchange them at the Phoenix in a couple of weeks time.

Mike at Westlander is a nice guy to deal with and his prices are fairly reasonable too.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quality products.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I bought some 285gr soft points from Duansty guns. At 18 for 50 I thought they would be worth a punt. Haven't loaded them yet.

Jon

Use S&B factory loaded 285gr SPs in 9.3 x 62 and 74R, also reload them in both calibres too and they more than do the job. The bullets are very good value, great quality and have proved themselves on boar, sika, roe, fallow, reds and munties. Good stopping power, minimal damage and you can 'eat up to the hole'. I can also recommend the 285 hard cast gas checked bullets from Dodgyrog on here for economic practice. Chris.

Thanks for the replies chaps. It is always good to get first hand input! - I am thinking of recomending he starts with these - has anyone used them in 9.3x62? He will use the beast most here in the UK so won't necessarily need the heavy bullets.
    :-
    Bullets S&B caliber 9,3mm, weight 193grs, SP, 2951.

Ian
    Last edited by Yorric; 08-05-2015 at 13:28.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I previously purchased 9.3mm bullets off Westlander the importers and they were very accurate in my rifle.
    I also bought some 8mm S&B bullets from Westlander at Bisley last year, they certainly look O.K. but I haven't been able to use them as I was given .318" by mistake instead of .322", I will be able to exchange them at the Phoenix in a couple of weeks time.

Mike at Westlander is a nice guy to deal with and his prices are fairly reasonable too.
    Hi.
    Are Westlander still operational? I see their Website has gone.

Thanks.

Yorkie.

I hope so Yorkie, I was in contact with Mike not so long back by email. I will email him again to find out what the situation is as the website doesn't seem to exist any longer.

Isn't this Westlanders website?

Reloading.org.uk.

If so they are showing no 9.3mm bullets for sale.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Isn't this Westlanders website?

Reloading.org.uk.

If so they are showing no 9.3mm bullets for sale.

Ian
    No that is not the Westlander website it is the site of a RFD based in Bristol that Westlander supplies. Reloading.org would probably have had to order in 9.3mm bullets from Westlander as I wouldn't have expected them to normally stock such items.