Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tikka 243 m55 any reviews

tikka 243 m55 any reviews

as titled as i have seen one advertised and im looking to buy my 1st 243

several people recommended it in my "which option" thread (above/below yours)... seems to be a nice rifle!

Regular Poster
    Had one for more than 20 years still shoots sub inch groups, buy it!!!. if there is a spare mag, 3 or 5 shot take it, you will appreciate it in the long run.

An EXCELANT rifle you will be pleased with it

Dry Powder.

Barry

I have an M65. Same rifle only mines is long action.

Good condition and reasonably priced - snap it up. If you do let it pass, then pm me the details and i'll buy it. I'll happily fill a gun safe with these rifles and would never consider swapping it for the newer (and inferior) 'drastic-plastic' T3.

If buying from a gunsmith - get him to check that the bolt hasn't been assembled wrongly. Easily done i'm told, but i've never felt the need to strip mine. A slousch in petrol and/or meths is all mine ever gets.

Had one in .308 - great rifle and shot very well - only parted with it as swapped calibre from 308 to 300 Mag.

Comment about the mags is correct. I found a dealer with a few 5 shot mags for the M55 and bought a couple.

If you get stuck for a 5 shot mag let me know and I will put you in touch with the dealer (if he has any left).

I love these rifles, I have a M55 243 in wood and a M65 270 in synthetic.

Both are VERY accurate.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

I had a Tikka Continental HB .22/250 Mod.55 which I used in Ireland for many years. With its one-in-twelve twist it shot the 60 grain bullets with great accuracy.
    It had a steel magazine and the trigger could be adjusted by removing the mag. and tweaking the screw visible in the housing.
    I also had a Mod.65 in .270 , again another fine rifle.

Currently I have a T3 Varminter in 6.5X55 Swedish also a T3 standard sporter in .243 , whilst both have plastic mags I can fault neither rifle contrary to negative reports from some sources.

If the price is right buy it !

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    I have an M65. Same rifle only mines is long action.

Good condition and reasonably priced - snap it up. If you do let it pass, then pm me the details and i'll buy it. I'll happily fill a gun safe with these rifles and would never consider swapping it for the newer (and inferior) 'drastic-plastic' T3.

If buying from a gunsmith - get him to check that the bolt hasn't been assembled wrongly. Easily done i'm told, but i've never felt the need to strip mine. A slousch in petrol and/or meths is all mine ever gets.
    I second Scotsgun's sentiment. I have a 65 Continental in .308 and I'm going to my grave with it (hopefully some considerable time in the future!).
    KevinF -

Account Suspended
    Buy it they are far superior than the T3 they dont make them like they used to , I have a M55 22/250 brilliant little rifle
    Stu

I have an M55 in 308, excellent rifle. As said, if the price is right buy it.

Andrew